Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eliminating Open Zones/Faulty Sensors

Options
  • 18-11-2010 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

The mother's house has an Aritech alarm that was put in around 1998.

Alarm hasn't been used for years because there were open zones (I imagine due to faulty sensors) and the alarm couldn't be set.

There's about 21 sensors on the system - a fair few window openings.

There is power going to the control panel. Basically just want someone to check the system over and replace any faulty sensors found, get the thing back up and running.

Spec on system wouldn't be great, no PIRs or anything, but just want to have it working.

What price should we be looking at to get it "serviced"? I believe some cowboy might have tried to group a zone or two at some stage as well, so that might require some analysis too.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your best bet is to get someone to look at it first & price whats involved.
    You should not be charged just for pricing a job.
    Replacing upto 2 sensors & a battery allow around €130.
    But it could also be a case of damaged cable (s) which could cost more depending on whats involved.
    If you in or around Dublin I'll take & look at it & tell you whats involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

CBYR1983 wrote: »
    The mother's house has an Aritech alarm that was put in around 1998.

Alarm hasn't been used for years because there were open zones (I imagine due to faulty sensors) and the alarm couldn't be set.

There's about 21 sensors on the system - a fair few window openings.

There is power going to the control panel. Basically just want someone to check the system over and replace any faulty sensors found, get the thing back up and running.

Spec on system wouldn't be great, no PIRs or anything, but just want to have it working.

What price should we be looking at to get it "serviced"? I believe some cowboy might have tried to group a zone or two at some stage as well, so that might require some analysis too.

An installer would be able to get your system up and running if it had being working before. If you only have the fault on one zone that would make it even easier but I would advise you to get all zones checked as the system is in since 1998. Price wise you would need to know how many faulty devices are on the alarm to work that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 stepbystep

Sounds like its more then likely just the read switchs in the contacts are stuck open, i presuming if its in since 98 its just dry contacts on the system and not shock sensors. if its jst dry contacts it wouldnt be expensive to sort it out,

Shane

Advertisement