Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to change code on wireless alarm system

Options
  • 18-11-2010 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

hi - i have an eircom phone watch monitored, alarm. it has a simon panel - the one that talks!! how do i change the access number (the one used to activate and deactivate the alarm)?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

How to change an Access Code:
    1. Open the cover of the panel.
    2. The panel voice prompts you to Use numbered keys to enter ID. Enter your master access code using the numbered keys.
    3. The panel voice prompts you to Please select from START MENU. Press the Add button on the START MENU.
    4. The panel voice prompts you to Select from MAIN MENU. Press the Access Code button on the MAIN MENU.
    5. The panel voice responds with Master Code, press again for next access code, DONE to select or press CANCEL to quit. Press the access code button again to hear the next access code. When you hear the access code you wish to change press the DONE Button.
    6. Enter 3-6 new numbers using the numbered keys. (Access Code length is programmed by the installer.)
    7. Close the panel cover.
    How to Delete an Access Code:
    1. Open the cover of the panel.
    2. The panel voice prompts you to Use numbered keys to enter ID. Enter your master access code using the numbered keys.
    3. The panel voice prompts you to Please select from START MENU. Press the Delete button on the START MENU.
    4. The panel voice prompts you to Select from MAIN MENU. Press the Access Code button on the MAIN MENU.
    5. The panel voice responds with Access Code 1, press again for next access code, DONE to select or press CANCEL to quit. Press the access code button again to hear the next access code. When you hear the access code you wish to delete, press the DONE Button. The panel voice responds with Access Code X deleted.
    6. Close the panel cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭cruachan7

Hi, thanks for that but I can seem to delete the code I have always used. I deleted all the access codes 1 to 5 and panic code but the code still works?>?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You have a master code then codes 1-5

lovely! when the engineer was installing he asked what i wanted my code to be - it was obviously the master code he gave me and now people i dont want knowing it .... know it!! is there a way to change the master code?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

cruachan7 wrote: »
    lovely! when the engineer was installing he asked what i wanted my code to be - it was obviously the master code he gave me and now people i dont want knowing it .... know it!! is there a way to change the master code?

You can not delete the code, you will need to write over it to change it ;)

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    You can not delete the code, you will need to write over it to change it ;)

Hi, how do I do that Altor??

Hi, how do I do that Altor??

Drop the lid, enter your user code. Press the access code till it says master code, then done. Enter new code, then done again. It is very easy to do but if you want me to talk you through doing this send me a P.M. more than happy to help if you have any problems.

Drop the lid, enter your user code. Press the access code till it says master code, then done. Enter new code, then done again. It is very easy to do but if you want me to talk you through doing this send me a P.M. more than happy to help if you have any problems.

Hi, I have done above but as soon as I enter the last number it says invalid. Would that mean I dont actually know the master code? If that is the case - How come when I deleted all the access codes on the system and enter a new one - the original one I am trying to get rid of still works?

Sorry cruachan7. You will need to press add first.
    Drop the lid, enter your user code. Press add, press the access code till it says master code, then done. Enter new code, then done again.

Sorry cruachan7. You will need to press add first.
    Drop the lid, enter your user code. Press add, press the access code till it says master code, then done. Enter new code, then done again.

Hi Altor, That is what I done - as soon as I enter the last number it says invalid

• Advertisement

Hi Altor, That is what I done - as soon as I enter the last number it says invalid

Try changing it to 22334.

Altor - I got it - thank you so much, immediate weight off my shoulders!!!!

Altor - I got it - thank you so much, immediate weight off my shoulders!!!!

Your welcome, always happy to help :D

Advertisement