Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

estimate

Options
  • 18-11-2010 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

looking for ballpark figure for price difference between wired and wireless monitored over phone line

for 3bed semi all windows and doors etc.

including 1st fix for the wired system

no questions please -just a figure:)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Powermax Complete Wireless

2 PiRs
    2 Remotes
    Say 5 MCs & 5 Contacts for windows & doors
    Voice dialler included.

Around €1200

Wired would probably be around the same depending on whats involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

thanks

i was prob trying to be too clever-no questions:D

what's mcs?

say you got 15 windows and 3 doors

ballpark complete job both ways new house

i realise wired is the preferred option-but does wireless work reliably(for arguments sake)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

MC s are combined Sensor/contact

With 8 extra devices then add around €450- €500 for the wireless

About €200 to wired.

is wireless reliable when setup properly

I thought you said no questions.......:D;)
    Yes its reliable. Any reception issues will show up during installation.

• Advertisement

thanks

what's best system/brand

battery life/replacement 3years?

For those prices I am basing on Powermax for the wireless & SigNET for wired.
    SigNET would be the better system for wireless but you would add 30-40% onto the price.
    2-3 years battery life is about average.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

koolkid wrote: »
    SigNET would be the better system for wireless

Signet use the wire free devices that visonic make and use on there powermax system :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 stepbystep

Heya

just a few questions, is it a 2 story semi or single semi? how many doors and windows? goin for a wired system if its a full finished 2 story would be messy, the visonic powermax is a really good wirefree system, have installed a few and everyones more then happy with, specially with the fact that you can have 2 way communication with the system via your mobile phone! let me no the layout and how many doors and windows and ill get a price

M cebee wrote: »
    thanks

what's best system/brand

altor wrote: »
    Signet use the wire free devices that visonic make and use on there powermax system :rolleyes:

Please read the OP s question above.
    He asked what was the best system or brand?
    Are you saying using the same devices makes the system the same?

• Advertisement

Are you saying signets wire free is better than visonics ?

I am saying as a Brand SigNET is better than Visonic & as a complete system SigNET would be better than Visonic.

I thought you where talking about wire less :confused:
    SigNET would be the better system for wireless

SigNET would be the better system for wireless but you would add 30-40% onto the price.
    thanks

what's best system/brand

I am saying as a Brand SigNET is better than Visonic & as a complete system SigNET would be better than Visonic.

No I was talking about complete systems.
    I hope the points I have highlighted clarify that I was answering the OPs questions re System & Brand.

With that in mind can we get back to answering the OPs questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

I would just put in the HKC Securewave and stop the argument 2way wireless better then 1 way. Better Batt Life and easy to install!:D So stop fighting guys !!!

thanks

what's best system/brand

No I was talking about complete systems.
    I hope the points I have highlighted clarify that I was answering the OPs questions re System & Brand.

With that in mind can we get back to answering the OPs questions.

You say it was to do with the brand but the only reference you made in your actual response to the op on the two systems was to compare wireless capabilities :confused:

Are you saying signets wire free is better than visonics ?

For the final time I am referring to the over all system.
    Visonic supply SigNETs wireless devices so they are both the same.
    If there is a point you wish to make please do so.
    Any further off topic threads not related to the OPs questions re a quote will be deleted.

thanks

what's best system/brand

Both the signet and visonic wire free are the same so price wise visonics would work out at better value for you. The manufacturer recommends that the batteries be changed every two years.

ok so which is best battery life and best system

hkc scurewave or visonic

and pricewise

Secure wave would be a better system over Powermax. However Securewave would be more expensive.With that in mind SigNET would be the same cost as Secure wave but would be the better system IMO. In reality battery life is nearly always 2-3 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

hkc scurewave or visonic

and pricewise

HKC is a better wireless system IMO. It is two communication and this extends battery life. It has secure keyfobs in case you loose it you cant unset he alarm unless you type in the code. Visonic is the cheaper option.

hkc scurewave or visonic

and pricewise

The HKC would be the better panel out of the two. Sleep mode 20 seconds. Two way communications between the panel and devices, the visonic plus signet are one way. The manufacturer say up to 3 years but I would change them every 2 years. The secure wave would be expensive compared to the visonic system.

In reality, from my experience, the battery life is not extended by 2 way wireless. On SigNET most edge towards 3 years.
    Features wise SigNET has a lot more for the same price. Just my opinion on them, but if your spending the money take a good look at both.

ok thanks for all the info

much appreciated

Advertisement