Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheels, Tyres, frame and Brooks Saddle for sale

Options
  • 18-11-2010 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Wheels - Rigida 700c, 6 speed cassette on it, small bit of rust - €40

Tyres with tubes - Schwalbe Marathon Plus 700x32c with tubes. Basically brand new, used about 6 times, the excess threads from moulding are still on it. Great condition - €50

Brooks B17 sprung saddle - small scrape on it, not broken in, basically brand new apart from the scratch, used about 6 times as well - €50

Hamilton frame - track ends on it, steel from, would make an ideal fixie, good condition - €50

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,794 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Frame is on sale in adverts sexpot - make up your mind where you want to sell it (drop me a PM if you want this thread re-opening)

Thanks

Beasty

EDIT - Adverts ad withdrawn, so I'm reopening this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭techieelectric

Offer 40 for the saddle. Does it require the double clamp yoke or just the normal single one?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sexpot

Can't accept 40 man, 50's a very good deal. It's in really good condition. 85 brand new. Not sure what you mean by double clamp/single clamp.

It's this:

http://www.brooksengland.com/en/Shop_ProductPage.aspx?cat=saddles+-+touring+%26+trekking&prod=Flyer

The picture should hopefully answer your question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

might be interested in the frame and saddle.
    few questions

what size wheels fit the frame?
    is the bottom bracket ok? seat post diameter?

offer 85 euro for saddle and frame pending inspection,Im free tomorrow morning/afternoon and possibly saturday/sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭techieelectric

Yeah ok I'll go for 50. By double clamp I mean the twin row of springs you get on some of the Brooks, think it might just be the city ones though, they need a specific seat post clamp like this one: http://www.brooksengland.com/en/Shop_ProductPage.aspx?cat=saddles+-+city+%26+heavy+duty&prod=B66

• Advertisement

Okay techieelectric, saddle's yours. I'll pm you my number.

kumate: the top tube reads as 60 cm centre to centre. The seat tube reads as 56cm centre to top of seat tube.

It used to be set up as a high nelly so I suppose that explains the reason for the sizes.

The bottom bracket is grand. I opened it up, cleaned it out and re lubed it when I got it, same with the headset. I've also replaced the cotters on the cranks.

does it take 27" 630 or 28" 635 wheels?

It had 28" wheels on it I think. I put 700c on it and they seemed fine. Your welcome to bring wheels to see if they fit. It was set up as a single speed aswell so it's a different spacing as well.

sexpot wrote: »
    It had 28" wheels on it I think. I put 700c on it and they seemed fine. Your welcome to bring wheels to see if they fit. It was set up as a single speed aswell so it's a different spacing as well.
    ye I think Im interested, not the kind/style of bike I usually work on. where abouts are you? could prob check it tomorrow if you are free

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

€50 for 2 second-hand tyres?

Is that correct?

• Advertisement

JDT, they're basically brand new (used about 6 times, for about 20k altogether) and come with tubes.

If your not actually interested in any of the items for sale don't post.

kumate - I'll pm you details

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

ooogh... i only asked a question, but best of luck with getting more than rrp from online shops(with free delivery)!!!

To be honest, I've checked most reputable online shops and they're selling them on average at €32 each, tubes then on top of that so I don't know where your getting your prices from. I put these up at €50 as a guide price, no doubt people will bargain.

Advertisement