Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think I have the answer to all Irelands problems...

Options
  • 18-11-2010 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭

What we need to do is ditch the euro and form a currency all of our own...
    It could be called the 'Cowen' (shortened to the 'Con') after our esteemed minister.
    The coin should be large and thick, and replace all other coinage.
    The currency can be redeemed for useless items such as Rolex watches, BMW's, chauffeurs etc, but are completely useless for purchasing food and paying bills.
    The coins can also be used as missiles to throw at deserving recipients.
    :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭who what when

Useful input. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Slozer

BengaLover wrote: »
    What we need to do is ditch the euro and form a currency all of our own...
    It could be called the 'Cowen' (shortened to the 'Con') after our esteemed minister.
    The coin should be large and thick, and replace all other coinage.
    The currency can be redeemed for useless items such as Rolex watches, BMW's, chauffeurs etc, but are completely useless for purchasing food and paying bills.
    The coins can also be used as missiles to throw at deserving recipients.
    :rolleyes:

One solution that comes to mind is to ban all forms of banking. This will solve a multitude of problems facing the Irish economy. These leeches that work in banks (and of course I do not imply general workers in the banking sector but the bankers who make the decisions) can be better used in other sectors of the economy such as farming or manufacturing and contribute more meaningfully to the economy. Since we will have no banks, people who have money will want somewhere to put it and I would expect to see a surge in the demand for money safes. When criminals realise that people are keeping large sums of money at home there will be a surge in burgalry crime and hence the need for good law abiding citizens to keep a firearm in their home. This will of course increase the demand for firearms and can also bring in much needed revenue in the form of gun licensing fees for the government. Another plus to this is that the perpetrators of burgarly crimes are more likely to get shot and killed, this of course will reduce the demand for prison places and another saving can be made by the government. No doubt the criminals will want to consolidate and more than likely will join the underground banking sector which by now will have been outlawed. This will give rise to a much more sophisticated way of trying to steal from the public:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I still like the Doug Stanhope "Blowjobs and cheeseburgers" form of currency. Can't we adopt that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I don't know if we've got all that many problems.

I think we showed some form last night but Seamus Coleman should have been given a run out, he's playing well for Everton at the moment.

*Hides head in sand, refuses to acknowledge anything other than soccer, movies and music for the next few months.*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭alandublin15

no no no. its quite simple. government mass organised plan as follows; every citizen infiltrates europe for one night, goes to a hotel, strips off takes some pills, knocks on another guests door. then when they get done for exposure they go to the european courts say they were sleepwalking* and get awarded 10 million for defamation. ireland could make billions.
    *(with a boner)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

one bison dollar will be worth five english pounds :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I don't know if we've got all that many problems.

I think we showed some form last night but Seamus Coleman should have been given a run out, he's playing well for Everton at the moment.

The current economic collapse can be traced back to the sacking of Steve Staunton. Bring back Deh Gaffer and I predict all our financial problems will be solved.

(we will also win world cup 2014).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

Our luck ran out in 1990, Packie Bonner used it all up... all this was to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Advertisement