Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Research Help Needed

Options
  • 18-11-2010 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Where does one find tons of information .... on Boards.ie !!

That's why I am here today. I hope that someone can help me with this research I'm doing for an assignment.

I have been searching the whole morning trying to find figures for four points. I will list them below and if anyone can show me the way, I'd be more than grateful. If you can answer any of these below, could you also let me know where you found the answer so I don't have to bother anyone again about that. Thanks.

1. The number of sales of digital cameras in Ireland for 2008, 2009 and 2010?

2. How many people own a digital camera in Ireland or Co. Mayo only?

3. How many people are looking for a Photoshop course in Mayo?

4. How many Photoshop or Photo editing courses are available in Co. Mayo?

Any help, link or suggestion is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Digital Cameras and Photoshop ? 20 votes

1. I own one or more digital camera and have done a Photoshop course. (or any Photo Editing course)
    0% 0 votes
    2. I own one or more digital camera and have not done a Photoshop course.(any Photo Editing course)
    25% 5 votes
    3. I own one or more digital camera and would like to do a Photoshop course.(any Photo Editing)
    75% 15 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Anzac_11 wrote: »

1. The number of sales of digital cameras in Ireland for 2008, 2009 and 2010?

2. How many people own a digital camera in Ireland or Co. Mayo only?

3. How many people are looking for a Photoshop course in Mayo?

4. How many Photoshop or Photo editing courses are available in Co. Mayo?

Any help, link or suggestion is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Well, I can help a little.

I bought a camera in 2009. :D

Can't help on anything else since I'm not in Mayo, nor do I know anyone in Mayo (off the top of my head).

I doubt you can find figures on any of the above with ease. Maybe the last one, if you check with all the colleges and stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there would be no way of finding out no.2 or no.3 without actually doing a survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

there would be no way of finding out no.2 or no.3 without actually doing a survey.

I think thats what the questions are for !!

a survey of Mayo Boards users - I would guess with the intention of setting up a photoshop/Photo editing course in Co. Mayo.

OP - if you think there are enough people interested in photography in your area .... put up adverts and offer whatever you are considering offering - if you get calls - you know you can set up the business.....start small...start local.... let it expand if its capable of doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Anzac_11

Paulw wrote: »
    Well, I can help a little.

I bought a camera in 2009. :D

Can't help on anything else since I'm not in Mayo, nor do I know anyone in Mayo (off the top of my head).

I doubt you can find figures on any of the above with ease. Maybe the last one, if you check with all the colleges and stuff.

Ha ha Paul... sure does help :))))

PCPhoto wrote: »
    I think thats what the questions are for !!

a survey of Mayo Boards users - I would guess with the intention of setting up a photoshop/Photo editing course in Co. Mayo.

OP - if you think there are enough people interested in photography in your area .... put up adverts and offer whatever you are considering offering - if you get calls - you know you can set up the business.....start small...start local.... let it expand if its capable of doing so.

Hallo PC, thanks for the reply. I'm actually not going to run a Photoshop workshop yet. I'm doing the 'Train the Trainer' course and need to find out a few facts.

I've changed the questions as I realized I'm not going to get answers on that, so I've started running a poll on some sites to find out different percentages . Thanks anyhow.

I am going to ask 4 different questions below this post and if anyone could just click on 'Thanks' on the ones that are more relevant to you, I'd be very very very very grateful...lol. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement

Poll question 1.

1. I own one or more digital camera and have done a Photoshop course. (or any other Photo Editing course)

Please can you click 'thanks' (thumbs up symbol if this applies to you). Please be assured that you will not be contacted regarding a Photoshop course, it's only for research. Thanks so much.

Poll question 2.

2. I own one or more digital camera and have not done a Photoshop course. (or any other Photo Editing course)

Please can you click 'thanks' (thumbs up symbol if this applies to you). Please be assured that you will not be contacted regarding a Photoshop course, it's only for research. Thanks so much.

Poll question 3.

3. I own one or more digital camera and would like to do a Photoshop course in the future. (or any other Photo Editing course)

Me again.... ;)

Just added an easier option to this post. The poll should appear above. Please note I have set it as 'anonymous' so your choice and details will not be shown. As I said, it's for average research only. Thanks in advance for your help and for taking part.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Never saw the point of a PS course since there's so much available online.

The Photoshop TV (or what ever it's called now) podcasts taught me the majority of what I know.

• Advertisement

5uspect wrote: »
    Never saw the point of a PS course since there's so much available online.

The Photoshop TV (or what ever it's called now) podcasts taught me the majority of what I know.

Don't tell anyone ..... me too :) Thanks for your view. Appreciated.
    I've learnt most of my knowledge on YouTube, but found the course I did was very helpful as it showed me all the shortcuts and tricks one can do with Photoshop. Online stuff is great, but I found it took me ages to find the topics or tools I was looking for and in the course, I could just ask. (the course was more person orientated, so you could ask for what you wanted if you liked. Otherwise she just started covering the tools and we worked from there. ) It was fantastic and helped me tons.

Advertisement