Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spa vacation in the Canaries?

Options
  • 18-11-2010 5:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi guys,

Just come into a few bob (whoop! whoop!) and she who must be obeyed wants to go to the Canaries for a winter break. Anybody got any in? fo on that Apparently she's got notion in her head, from someone, somewere, that the Canaries is a great place for all that 'wellness' guff - seaweed baths, massages etc.

Would greatly appreciate any steers.

rgds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Yeah, there are loads of Spa retreats all over the Canaries.

All depends on which island you want to go to and how much you want to spend. There is a cluster of them in Maspalomas for example. All new 5 star hotels. Here's one as an example: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g230095-d1218129-Reviews-Lopesan_Villa_Del_Conde_Resort_And_Thalasso-Maspalomas_Grand_Canary_Canary_Islands.html

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Here's a link to the spas on Gran Canaria http://www.grancanaria.com/patronato_turismo/20134.0.html?idioma=2&ficha=20133&color=cian

I've used the Spa in the Lopesan Costa Meloneras and it's brilliant and really cheap compared to anywhere in Ireland. I've also used the spa in the Lopesan Villa Del Conde and it's great too. If you want to do something romantic book a double massage near sunset. After they finish your massage you have a swim in your private pool and then sit and watch the sun go down with an uninterrupted view of the atlantic

2e7bb896f7-Lopesan_Villa_del_Conde_Resort___Thalasso.jpg

I've stayed in both hotels and they're great. Also, they're in Meloneras with while close to Maspalomas and Playa Del Ingles might as well be another country... oh and if you're into golf there's some good courses nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RussCrowe

Thanks for that, you two. Am off to check out those links now.

Regarding the after-massage bit, is only watching the sun go down allowed, or what? :D

rgds

RussCrowe wrote: »

Regarding the after-massage bit, is only watching the sun go down allowed, or what? :D

rgds

They leave you green tea to help relax. So I suppose if you dont like green tea and had a better way to unwind, well it is a private room ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

rgds
    Cheeky!

But I like your thinking...

• Advertisement

Actually, seriously, how 'private' are these private rooms? Can they be locked from the inside. Really don't want to be caught de flagrante - well I don't mind, but I'm sure the missus wouldn't be the least bit happy (especially if it's not her I'm being de flagrante with!)

rgds

Actually, seriously, how 'private' are these private rooms? Can they be locked from the inside. Really don't want to be caught de flagrante - well I don't mind, but I'm sure the missus wouldn't be the least bit happy (especially if it's not her I'm being de flagrante with!)

rgds

Alas, its not that private. Though nobody could tell what was happening in your private pool.

Actually, I think they do a naked spa night, which always sounded a bit risky to me - like you'd have to drop your car keys into a bowl on arrival....

Thanks for that Atgate! You may well have saved us from an indecent exposure charge!

As for the naked spa night, I'm as liberated as they come (I like to think), but what you're talking about sounds positively icky. Who wants to see your lady going off with some German hunk while you get stuck with his drooping grandma...Nah, definitely not my cup of tea!

Rgds,
    Russ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

I stayed here a few years ago and the Spa is excellent, hotel is in a great location.

http://www.gloriapalaceamadores.co.uk/

Advertisement