Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple tv problems

Options
  • 18-11-2010 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hey, a while back I got an apple tv, the 160GB one... When I load the films onto it from my Mac and play them the picture is very pixelated at times and then goes good for a few minutes and then pixelated again

My source for films is a 2010 spring Mac mini ( the chunky one) using an airport extreme and a airport express to boos the signal to the Mac mini as it was having trouble with Internet speeds... And the films are stored on a external USB hard drive

Would any one know a way that I could resolve this problem? Is there any setting on the Mac or the apple tv that I'm not aware of???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Try streaming a movie locally on the Mac Mini as the external drive maybe causing the slowdown.

Also try and play a HD movie trailer from the Apple TV to see if that is the source of the problem as there maybe interference with the Wifi signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Cool thanks, I'll give it a go in the morning

i tried the hd trailer and it loaded in a second or two.

I put a film on my mac mini and loaded it to the apple tv and the interfreience was a big improvement but still not perfect... is this the norm? when it pixelates its mainly pixelates(big squares) around where movement on the screen is happening

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

The pixelation should definitely not be happening.

So we've ruled out the External Drive as the source, and the HD trailers look okay, so you may be getting some type of interference.

Go to the Airport Utility App and change the channel from Auto to any different channel and see if that helps.

One other thing you could try is to sync a movie onto the Apple TV that you are having particular trouble with and play it directly from the Apple TV, this will rule out a fault in the Apple TV itself.

Also is the Airport 802.11n?

ive been trying changing the airport channels the last few days and its improved a little bit, the movies pixelate a bit but its alot more bearable now than what it was before...

Thanks a million for the help! its made a massive difference in the quality :D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement