Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go in tullamore on a sunday night?

Options
  • 17-11-2010 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hey guys,

Need a bit of local help! :)

I'm staying in tullamore with the other half on sunday night. This is our first night away together so i want it to be very memorable!

We will arrive around 7, and will probably head out for a few drinks later on in the night. Where would be the best place to go for a good atmosphere and bit of craic?!! were both late mid to late twenties!

Is there anything interesting to do in the town on monday morning/afternoon or is there any nice attractions or tours worth paying a visit to? Money is fairly tight so shopping is out the next day (unfortunately!!)

Ps. the bridgehouse hotel has a sale, double room for only 50yoyo's---- sweet!
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Enjoy the break !
    For Sunday night pub, try the Brewery Tap (100m from hotel, someone will point you in direction) for one or two, and then back the bar of the hotel, they usually have music (not the residents bar in the lobby, the one attached to the hotel, again, ask at reception)

Monday morning are you driving ?
    If not, then walk up the town and go the Tullamore Dew heritage center, or just relax in hotel gym (it's gonna be cold.....)
    If driving, head out to Lough Boora parklands...

If on a really tight budget, there's a pub around corner from hotel called De Brun's which does decent €3 pints and other specials, and although usually a younger crowd, is probably ok for a Sunday night, and has a decent live band...

That's my tuppence worth as a Jackeen blow in down here !

Advertisement