Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi issues with iphone 4

Options
  • 17-11-2010 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Over the past couple of weeks, the wifi on my iphone 4 ,has just stopped working automatically. I made no changes to my router. When I put the phone into aeroplane mode, i have to go into turn on the wifi network. It picks up the network,and shows up the wifi icon but when I go to use any internet apps, its tells me I need to connect first. When I then take it back off of aeroplane mode again, it automatically defaults to my service providers internet. I thought there might be a problem with my own router until when went to another location where I could get internet wifi, and it did the same thing, it picks it up, but will not connect.
    Ive restored the factory network settings, and checked my IP address, and rebooted but still to no affect . Has anyone else reported any faults with iphone 4 for wifi issues, or is this a fault, that needs to be repaired?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

Have posted with the same problem i think. I thought i was working off the house Wifi but checked my bill online tonight and i have been billed every day by 02.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 aka79

I dont know if its the same issue as yours. I can enable the wifi in my house and in other places where its available also, the problem Im having is that its saying I have the service but I cannot connect to the service. The strange this is that the wifi worked perfectly at home and elsewhere up to two weeks ago, I dont know whats after happening. Your issue sounds like your wifi wasnt enabled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MPSS

iphones have alot of wifi isues try going into settings on your iphone then general and scroll all the way down to reset click into it and click reset network settings and hopefully that should do the trick ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 aka79

Ya I've Reset the Settings already,from the phone, even tried it twice to be sure, still same though

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

MPSS wrote: »
    iphones have alot of wifi isues try going into settings on your iphone then general and scroll all the way down to reset click into it and click reset network settings and hopefully that should do the trick ;)

Won't that scrub all the passwords for known wi-fi nodes? A bit drastic I would have thought.

When it sees your wi-fi node, click the line showing your SSID and on the next screen click on 'Renew Lease', if that doesn't work, go back in and click on 'Forget Network'.

• Advertisement
Advertisement