Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Access PC's after 10pm ?

Options
  • 17-11-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hi, can you tell me is there any Open access PC's in ucc that are open after 10pm as im just about to get kicked out of the WGB (it sadly closes :( )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JohnyDarko

The boole stays open till 10.30, but after that its just the reading room.... unless you have a laptop you're outta luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

Oh cool, im guessing theres no printers accessible from the reading room?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

teddy b123 wrote: »
    Oh cool, im guessing theres no printers accessible from the reading room?

Nope!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

you should be in bed watching band of brothers at that time! :D

I cant, i as a computer science student, actually have to put effort into getting my degree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I cant, i as a computer science student, actually have to put effort into getting my degree

at 2am? Every night?? - I put huge effort into my degree, but not at 2am every night!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Eh, no you don't :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Im just wondering is there any computer labs that have wireless stations so you can use your lap top and plug it into charge?
    I've come from UCD where we were spoiled with laptop charging stations.Theres absolutely no plug outlets in UCC except in the Boole library,from what I can see?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JohnyDarko

And I, as a computer science student, can tell you that no.... you don't :p

Seriously though, theres no need for you to need to be printing stuff out past 10.30 like.... if you need to hand it in in the morning just print it off in the morning when you come in and give it up.... I mean you can even sit in a lecture and print it off in your lab if you use a ssh.

As a side note.... you can change the text on any printer in college just by looking up the HP language, the lads in our class changed ours to read "BBQ Sauce Low" last week for some reason :confused:
    Im just wondering is there any computer labs that have wireless stations so you can use your lap top and plug it into charge?
    I've come from UCD where we were spoiled with laptop charging stations.Theres absolutely no plug outlets in UCC except in the Boole library,from what I can see?

I don't believe the Boole basement ones do, the computer centre in the food science building does I'm almost certain (haven't been there in almost two years though) and in the WGB theres flaps in the floor by the seats in the break area that have plugs underneath them. Computer Science labs have plugs at the end of every desk, but I assume you wouldn't need one if you were using them :/

theres no need to be a bollocks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Eh, that's a bit harsh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Having just graduated from CS, eh no not really :pac:

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Eh, that's a bit harsh?

naaaa. he doesnt even know what points i got or anything the ignorant git

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

If you're trying to imply other degrees require no effort, then you're mistaken. Don't dismiss other people's degrees here.

And even for a dedicated student, wanting to be printing stuff in college every night after 10.30 pm seems a little extreme.
    naaaa. he doesnt even know what points i got or anything the ignorant git

Personal abuse not acceptable here. If you have a problem with a post, report it.

You guys have totally the wrong imppression of me, im not that dedicated, and the only reason ill be doing stuff after 10 is because im more of a night person

And sorry if i offended you Deutschlandfürimmer7

Advertisement