Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll: Best new team in F1 2010

Options
  • 17-11-2010 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

Might be a no-brainer but who's your shout for the best new team of the 2010 season?
    Also given HRT's possible Toyota tie-up and Lotus using Renault power and Red Bull gearboxes who do ye fancy to upset the likes of Sauber and Toro Rosso in 2011?

Who is your pick for the best new team of F1 2010 24 votes

Lotus
    0% 0 votes
    Virgin Racing
    95% 23 votes
    HRT
    4% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Mercedes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

amacachi wrote: »
    Mercedes.
    Good un but since they took over brawn and retained ****loads of staff and facilities i didnt technically count them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Iron Hide wrote: »
    Good un but since they took over brawn and retained ****loads of staff and facilities i didnt technically count them

I know, was just messing. :)

I don't get the love for Lotus over the other two new teams.
    Both Lotus and Virgin had 2 DNSs while HRT had none.
    In terms of NCs it's 16 for Virgin, 13 (+2 non-finishes) for HRT and 12 (+4 non-finishes) for Lotus.

I'm not arsed looking for qualifying stats but I'm fairly sure for the 8 races before Abu Dhabi HRT matches Lotus as well.

I'd still say Lotus I suppose though, at least we know they'll be there in some form next year. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

I guess the result will be similar to this:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056081509

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

Lotus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bigboy123

amacachi wrote: »

I'd still say Lotus I suppose though, at least we know they'll be there in some form next year. :pac:

I just read an article in this months F1 racing. it seems proton bought Renaults 25% stake in renault F1, so Renault are to be called Lotus next season, running renault engines, with 2010 Lotus Called 1Malaysia racing team. this has confused me, can anybody straighten it out:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

bigboy123 wrote: »
    I just read an article in this months F1 racing. it seems proton bought Renaults 25% stake in renault F1, so Renault are to be called Lotus next season, running renault engines, with 2010 Lotus Called 1Malaysia racing team. this has confused me, can anybody straighten it out:eek:

Over the last year Renault have sold their interest in the team that bears their name, I've always said that the reason they werent banned from F1 for the Singapore crash was because they made an agreement with the FIA to leave the sport over the course of X years.

Proton, owners of Lotus Cars, have bought the last shares Renault owned the team and want to call it Lotus Renault from next year. This would make Lotus the constructor which would open quite the can of worms. By changing the name of the constructor to Lotus the team would forfeit its share of TV revenue unless it has the universal support of teams to change the name. With Robert Kubica having a strong season it is clear that Renualt are returning to form so it is unlikely that they will support a rename giving the team increased resources so I would imagine that the team will be named Lotus(primary sponsor) Renault(constructor) Renault(engine supplier) or something along those lines because I cant see how they would be able to convince teams that they should get the cash(especially if he has to get the support of Tony Fernandez)

Advertisement