Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Fab Four' offer

Options
  • 17-11-2010 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭

Not a huge fan of VSTis but I thought this looked like a really novel product. Wouldn't have too much use for the guitars but the drums, keys and extras do look cool. What do you chaps reckon? Functional or just novel? Seems wallet-friendly with the added EQ and compressor.

http://www.soundsonline-europe.com/EW-170L/?id=b92cec4757d5d5c23fedc86e6fff6912

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

And here's the catch: "This is a purchase option for a full license (discs are required to install)." Where the flock does one acquire the discs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

wouldnt touch eastwest play with a bargepole.

i tried their play demo a few years back when they moved from kontakt and it wouldnt work.

tried it again when i got the new pc, it still doesnt work properly and the guy that owns the company is the biggest douchebag developer ive ever had the misfortune to converse with. i sent him an email with screen shots and my system specs and he replied back - he basically said that "it works perfectly and if it doesnt its your systems problem", so i mailed him back with another screen shot showing my system running a different monster session with tiny cpu usage. his reply was "so dont buy it".. amazing!

it was only then that i saw the gearslutz 500000 page thread about the issues it had :mad:

if you fancy a laugh go search out "play 2 still not working" - the thread was pruned to bits for legal reasons but still an amazing lesson in how not to speak to your paying customers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Yes, that's a funy thread. I had a bad experience with him and his staff also, but way back in the Akai S1100 format days. Similar to the link above, the product was not quite what was advertised.

I'd love to see his bank balance, he drives a Lamborghini and owns the former Cello studios. With his attitude I'm amazed he makes a profit selling samples.

Advertisement