Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows sidebar has stopped working

Options
  • 17-11-2010 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hey,

The windows sidebar on my Vista machines was working fine up to about 2 weeks ago. I turned on the pc and none of the gadgets load and the face of the clock has turned black. I spent 3 hours going through every thing on Google but no joy. I have reinstalled Java and up-dated with no luck. Any help would be great. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Do a system restore to about 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hey,

The windows sidebar on my Vista machines was working fine up to about 2 weeks ago. I turned on the pc and none of the gadgets load and the face of the clock has turned black. I spent 3 hours going through every thing on Google but no joy. I have reinstalled Java and up-dated with no luck. Any help would be great. :(

Not trolling here but there's your problem. Abandon both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭jpl888

Hee hee +1

You could try a "startup repair" or whatever they call it nowadays. F8 straight after the BIOS screen (blink and you will miss it).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Not trolling here but there's your problem. Abandon both.
    agreed, but while it may not be possible for him to abandon Vista, the sidebar is the biggest POS ever

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

lmimmfn wrote: »
    agreed, but while it may not be possible for him to abandon Vista, the sidebar is the biggest POS ever

On my system new from Dell(albeit a few years back so there may be some change), my sidebar with no widgets installed etc was using 250MB of my 2GBs of RAM. K, tanx, bai.

If you want to use a sidebar, which I dont really see the point in(analogue clock, wtf?), get a propriety one that actually works.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭jpl888

Or install an OS where desktop widgets and "sidebars" actually work.

Advertisement