Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

storage heater,any way to extend max heat

Options
  • 17-11-2010 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

My problem is as follows, I have a storage heater in a room that is only used from about 8 pm till 1130 pm. It is charged by being heated on the night rate feed of electricity from 1130 pm till about 800 am.Consequently it lets out the heat slowly during the day and by late evening it is at its lowest heat output ( which is when i need it most) There is an output control and I have that et to zero during the day and that helps.
    My idea that I would like comments on is to put a layer of rockwool on top of the output vents during the day ( when there is no electricity being fed into it ) and take the rockwool off when i need it.
    Has anyone ever had this problem and come up with any other solution ?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Changing it for a fan-assisted storage heater like the Dimplex FXL (or VFMI for large spaces) might be a better idea.

Advertisement