Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Crowds At Dublin Airport To Welcome IMF & EU Delegation

Options
  • 17-11-2010 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Large crowds are expected to turn out at Dublin Airport tomorrow Thursday to welcome the IMF/EU visitor influx. The government has hailed their decision to spend time in Ireland as a great success for the Department of Tourism's marketing drive to increase bednights and in particular their focus on attracting high spending visitors.

To mark the occasion public and civil servants are being given an additional privilege day to enable them to be at the Airport.

Special discount deals are being put together by an array of leisure and refreshment service providers hoping to attract the honoured visitors to spend time in their premises.

The visit has already seen a boost to the share price of the parent company owning Dublin's troubled Four Seasons hotel.

Minister for Finance Brian Lenihan in a statement added:

'Ireland had to fight off intense international competition to secure this delegation. I warmly commend the efforts of the dedicated staff and my colleagues in government for making this a reality'.

Caught this on Politics and lulz.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

meh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I second that Meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

yes 'welcome' them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

and in other news - jubilation as the irish turn out in droves to burn cash in protest against rampant capitalism

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

IMF+EU=IOU

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

You burden me with your problems, by telling me more than mine???

Wtf!

You're always asking what it's all about, but don't listen to my replies!!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

The IMF commissioners have kindly agreed to adopt English as the preferred language for communications with Ireland, rather than German, which was the other possibility. As part of the negotiations, Conor Lenihan conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a five-year phased plan for what will be known as EuroEnglish (Euro for short).

In the first year, "s" will be used instead of the soft "c." Sertainly, irish sivil servants will resieve this news with joy. Also, the hard "c" will be replaced with "k". Not only will this klear up konfusion, but typewriters kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik emthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced by "f". This will make words like fotograf" 20 persent shorter.

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. The IMF will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of silent "e"s in the languag is disgrasful, and they would go.

By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" by "z" and "w" by " v".

During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou", and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer.

Ze drem vil finali kum tru.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Will the IMF know wtf a tracker mortgage is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Special buses runned By the Goverment, are Bringing people from all over Ireland to see the IMF at dublin airport

10s of thousands of people are Expected to arrive at Dublin Airport to see the International Celebrities

One person said "Ooooh its Magnificent That the IMF are Coming here, im been waiting for them to come here for around 40 years, Finnaly there coming oh what a joy for this Country, Just the boost we need, during these hard times"

People from Britain and America are Also Going to Dublin airport, To see them.

Sky news are Going to Bust out the Skycopter there very own helicopter, just to watch there plane touch the ground.

Cowen said: "This is going to be a BIG BOOST For our economy, excellent,excellent,excellent, I Might go and spend all the Money on whiskey tonight"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

Who are we kidding, we all fcuking loved the undeserved, spoilt-bastard, moneybags days of the celtic tiger when everything was easier, from getting a place in college due to low number of applicant and hundreds of courses to illegally claiming social welfare while working on a building site without ever getting caught. (i didnt do this but lots did). People with zero intention of ever working having a high standard of living with no social commentary about this fact because everyone else around them was buzzing off their undeserved sense of self-worth from living on credit. 400 jobs a day were created in the year 2000. Imagine we had that now. Imagine being able to get a part-time job at college simply by exerting your will. And being able to expect 30 grand a year coming out of college and being able to work in your country of preference ie. Ireland. LOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

dilallio wrote: »
    The IMF commissioners have kindly agreed to adopt English as the preferred language for communications with Ireland, rather than German, which was the other possibility. As part of the negotiations, Conor Lenihan conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a five-year phased plan for what will be known as EuroEnglish (Euro for short).

In the first year, "s" will be used instead of the soft "c." Sertainly, irish sivil servants will resieve this news with joy. Also, the hard "c" will be replaced with "k". Not only will this klear up konfusion, but typewriters kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik emthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced by "f". This will make words like fotograf" 20 persent shorter.

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. The IMF will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of silent "e"s in the languag is disgrasful, and they would go.

By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" by "z" and "w" by " v".

During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou", and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer.

Ze drem vil finali kum tru.

Old joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

RobitTV wrote: »
    Special buses runned By the Goverment, are Bringing people from all over Ireland to see the IMF at dublin airport

10s of thousands of people are Expected to arrive at Dublin Airport to see the International Celebrities

One person said "Ooooh its Magnificent That the IMF are Coming here, im been waiting for them to come here for around 40 years, Finnaly there coming oh what a joy for this Country, Just the boost we need, during these hard times"

People from Britain and America are Also Going to Dublin airport, To see them.

Sky news are Going to Bust out the Skycopter there very own helicopter, just to watch there plane touch the ground.

Cowen said: "This is going to be a BIG BOOST For our economy, excellent,excellent,excellent, I Might go and spend all the Money on whiskey tonight"
    They are even coming from Gdansk, to see the film IMF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

No panic the lads are only coming for a stag weekend.

The Government don't seem to know why so that's all it can be..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

if we see them pissed and getting sick in temple bar can we raid their pockets?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

if we see them pissed and getting sick in temple bar can we raid their pockets?

May as well before their in yours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

bryaner wrote: »
    May as well before their in yours!

i have it all under a matress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Looks right we'll be rightly fingered when they get their hands on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Anyone know where I can purchase a SAM7 or Stinger missile please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

if those Bastar** cause any trouble we snipe them, and rocket launch the goverment buildings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Anyone know where I can purchase a SAM7 or Stinger missile please?

Argos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

We could get Bridie to perform at their Xmas party!

http://webportal-live.com/downloader/leigh852dl/Bridie_Remix.MP3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Just seen a report on BBC with Brian lenehans interview saying we made need a bailout. Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The IMF are only glorified loan sharks, they pray on weaker countries and then strip them of all their sovereignty and dignity. Im surprised that there will not be protests at these banksters as they arrive in this country rubbing their hands at another kill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I can just picture the IMF/EU guy as he walks down of the plane at Dublin airport humming to himself

'' I stumble into town , dressed like a sacred cow
    visions of swastikas in my head ...
    plans for everyone...
    It's in the whites of my eyes ''

D.Bowie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Latchy wrote: »
    I can just picture the IMF/EU guy as he walks down of the plane at Dublin airport humming to himself

'' I stumble into town , dressed like a sacred cow
    visions of swastikas in my head ...
    plans for everyone...
    It's in the whites of my eyes ''

D.Bowie

I hear The man who sold the world is from the london school of eco-gnomics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Morlar wrote: »
    I hear The man who sold the world is from the london school of eco-gnomics.

Oh, I ought to report you to the Gnome office....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Jesus anyone watching Vincent Browne now :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Jesus anyone watching Vincent Browne now :eek:

No why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

squod wrote: »
    No why?

He is really laying into the FF guy, first time I have seen someone do that

Advertisement