Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swann DVR4-950 cctv system vs. everything else

Options
  • 17-11-2010 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi I hope someone can give me some advice please, i am planning on buying a home/diy security system. the one my nighbour has is the above all in one kit, link to it is :
    http://www.swannsecurity.com/s/products/view/?product=941

it looks pretty good value for money to me but then i am not techniqually minded!

with a four hundred euro price tag can anyone please recommend something for a similar price but perhaps better?

i cant get away from the thought that a burglar could just steal the dvr... also there is no remote viewing.

some information: i am in westmeath area. i have eircom 3gb broadband. there is no public lighting around by house. so i have 2 100watt motion activited lights to the rear. i do not understand how 3g works until this morning i thought it was a phone company and my mobile is a prepay brick though if the remote viewing option was affordable i would consider changing!

any advise would be truly appresiated! thanks peachy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

To be honest you get what you pay for. Systems like the swann and maplin system are cheap and not great quality. If you going to spend money on a 4 camera system you should be looking at system in suppliers, here is a list. Most have system set up so you can see the system before you buy.

Advertisement