Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

work on horsefarm in Ireland

Options
  • 17-11-2010 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi Everyone,
    my friend (a german girl, late 20's) is looking to work on a farm, ideally a horsefarm, in Ireland for a few months next year.

She's looking for a live-in job, as in she's have to be able to live on the farm, would work for accomodation and would ideally get a bit of pocket money. The farm should be close enough to a town.
    She is able to ride a horse, does not want to do any teaching in horse riding though. She'd prefer horse grooming, yardwork or farmwork in general. Any work that has to do with horses she'd gladly do. Also she can drive a tractor and is able for fieldwork. She worked on a farm before. She's able to cook as she is a trained chef.
    She's able to speak english and german.
    Appearently it says on the net that if looking for a job on a horsefarm people need experience in horse riding of 7years. Is that true?

I'm posting this here now to find out about the conditions to get a job like that. Are there farms like that in Ireland at all and if so - where?
    If anyone is looking for help on their farm for the next year, you can contact me.

Thanks for your help.
    Snoopy82

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭s-cogan

best bet is a racing yard.
    live in accomodation is available in most large-ish yards. and if all she wants is accom. and some spending money, most trainers will delight in the oppurtunity.
    irishfield.ie has a directory of trainers, could start looking there.

Advertisement