Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericson X8 v I Pod Touch

Options
  • 17-11-2010 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

My daughter (almost 11), claimes that an I pod touch is better than the phone containing most of the features an I pod touch has.

The phone has the MP3 player, download apps for games, and even can be used to phone home!!

What makes the ipod touch 'cooler' in her view?

Or did I miss something 'cool' about the ipod touch, cause if I did, I want one too:D

(just to clarify, she originally wanted the Samsung Ping (pink version), but I talked her into the android phone - maybe not a wise move on my part:()....

Any advice from owners out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

mumof2 wrote: »
    What makes the ipod touch 'cooler' in her view?

ehhh have you thought about asking her why she thinks it is cooler?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

The iPod touch is cooler because a majority of your daughters peers believe so (therefore so does she) simply because Apple marketing is just that powerful and invasive...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,035 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

While there will definitely be some things the ipod touch does better, at that age I would guess it's nothing more than following the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

I absolutely agree, I believe she thinks its cooler as a few of her friends appear to have one already. I can't ask her directly, as she has asked Santa for the I pod touch, yet me and her father have agreed to give her a phone instead of this.......

Problem not solved as yet:( ie - don't see why she should get both!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

If thats the case, get an iPhone?

The only difference really, when you look at it in straight perspective, is that the iPod Touch is an MP3 player and an android phone is a Phone.

Still though, same old situation, whatever the friends at school say.... As a mammy, you have to be careful... You can buy her whatever you want but unless it screams of expensiveness and it's the cool thing, then it's no good.

Bring her into your nearest shop that sells phones and MP3 players and let her see for herself...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

what does an 11 yr old need an iphone for? seriously? i just dont get it. I wouldnt spend that much on a phone for myself and i would be using it as a phone for business purposes along with its other social uses, not an mp3 player. great if you have the money i guess but it just screams too much too young for me.......rant over

imo if you have the money and the will to buy either, get her what she wants. what makes sense to you, and will turn out to be a better purchase does not compute in the mind of our children. god i still remember the time my parents wouldnt buy me a pair of x-(something or other) jeans with stripes on the legs cos everyone else was wearing them.....the baxtards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

I hate the way kids want things because their friends have them, yet don't want to see kids bullied or taunted because they don't/cant keep up with their friends either............:mad:

will have a chat with her father, see what he says. Might get her the ipod touch, and he can always get her a cheap phone.

thanks for advice anyhow!:)

Advertisement