Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem loading game

Options
  • 17-11-2010 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Hi I was hoping that someone could help me with a problem.I bought an old title called carnival for my kids to play.Its brand new out of the wrapper only €15.00.It will load as far as the title screen but then goes black screen and says theres a problem.It then jams the Wii and won't turn off or eject,I actually turn off the machine and reset just to take it back out.I brought it back to the shop and it works there and my next door neighbours machine is also fine with .Any ideas would be appricated

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Could be the laser in your Wii going. The lasers are really poor quality. Ifit starts to go even games with very light scratches won't work. I'd try some other games and see if they will work and also bring the game back to the shop and demand a refund, you should be able to get one and you are entitled to one and also the game is really bad, you are better off without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Could just need a clean - had the same problem with mine about 2 years ago, it only happened with a handful of games (mainly Guitar Hero 3). In the end had to softmod to get a DVD playing application so I could run a DVD cleaner through it. Haven't had any problems since I did that though. Since then, Nintendo have released a drive cleaner disk so you can clean it without resorting to warranty-endangering practices, might be no harm to pick one up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    .......... and also the game is really bad, you are better off without it.

Ah, but kids like it. It is terrible, with awful, frustrating controls but despite all that, my 5 and 7 year old love it. I would pull my hair out if I had to play it, its bad enough watching but there you go. They want the follow up to it from Santa (who sadly, is obliging), please god they have done something to improve it.

Advertisement