Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacBookPro Battery from Ebay?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

TBH, I would not recommend buying an unauthorized third party battery or power adapter from eBay - the risk of it failing and causing a fire or short circuit would not be worth the savings.

There are some eBay sellers that sell original refurbished/new Apple parts though, like these guys:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Apple4Less-eu_Batteries_W0QQ_fsubZ1164140014QQ_sidZ52463614QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

As you'll notice though, the prices are not that much less than the new ones but you get what you pay for :).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I bought an unofficial battery for €50.

Problems so far:
    • Ad said 6000mAh -- when fully charged it was closer to 5500mAh (first charge)
    • After I zeroed the battery, Coconut Battery can't even see how much charge is on it -- all stats are -1mAh (not actual values, of course)
    • iStat nano reports the battery as being 65% of original -- again, not actual values because:
    • I can run the battery to 0%, and it will keep going for an unspecified time.
    • Charging the battery spikes the temperatures, and my fans will kick in at 6000rpm very quickly.

So yeah. Probably returning this & getting an official battery.
    Gotta bite that bullet.
    Didn't know about that site above though -- has anyone else bought from them? (no offense repairtech, but you sound like a shill)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Check out that seller's negative feedback. The percentage may be relatively low but check the actual comments. The ones in German and Italian haven't been responded to. Some of the ones in English have been asked to remove their feedback (which begs the question: how many others actually complied?)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Have a look here www.thebookyard.com think they sell original parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Update on my eBay special:

It's complete and utter crap.

eBaybattery.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement