Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIT Pin change

Options
  • 17-11-2010 4:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Just wondering, was everyone's sit pin changed this week or was it just us first years?

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Nope, third year and mine wasn't changed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Second year and nope! I wonder why?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

Yeah me too :) if anyone knows please tell us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Im in first year, and mine wasnt, although im a repeat student. Everyone elses was!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Was it changed to a four digit pin from a five digit pin by any chance??

Thats the only reason I can think of as to why the first years one would be changed!

• Advertisement

nope, ours was originally a 5 digit pin

teddy b123 wrote: »
    nope, ours was originally a 5 digit pin

and still is five?

yep still 5

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

Mine was changed as well last week (Also a first year), still a 5 digit code.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jreanor

First years..compare your student id to your original pin. They used your id to generate your pin in an extremely insecure way. Took myself and two others about 2 minutes to figure out the pattern. Someone was very lazy who set up this system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

jreanor wrote: »
    First years..compare your student id to your original pin. They used your id to generate your pin in an extremely insecure way. Took myself and two others about 2 minutes to figure out the pattern. Someone was very lazy who set up this system.

wow, just checked there, that is quite lazy! I could see my pin in seconds

Advertisement