Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire HD Car Kit

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Fisher Calhoun

The one you linked is for an iPhone, so it won't be compatible with the Desire HD!

Try this:
    http://www.htcaccessorystore.com/ie/p_htc_item.aspx?i=205737

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

You can get a car bracket and power cable for as little as €6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Bluefoam wrote: »
    You can get a car bracket and power cable for as little as €6.

Ya try eBay and set yourself up by getting Carhome or Navigator or even Vlingo installed. Get one of these and once you connect to the bluetooth device in the car it kicks in for you. Much cheaper option.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭drver1

Ye i know its for an iphone, just wanted a similar one, none out there! might wait to get the genuine HTC kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭recyclebin

You can buy car kits direct from htc website or from Expansys.

http://www.htcaccessorystore.com/ie/p_htc_phone.aspx?i=203871

http://www.expansys.ie/a.aspx?i=203871

or there's lots of stuff on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭drver1

Ye i think ill wait till December to get the HTC Kit,

Any other accessories you would recommended?

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

looking at this http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/htc-desire-hd-car-upgrade-kit-cu-s400-p26536.htm

and this

http://www.htcaccessorystore.com/ie/p_htc_item.aspx?i=205737

from the htc store it shows a different model. The one in mobile fun site looks far better

i c that its actually for the hd2 but is compatible with desirehd.... any test this out yet? http://www.htcaccessorystore.com/uk/p_htc_item.aspx?i=188277

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

All these kits are great from the point of view that you can just sit into the car, and pop the phone in the cradle, no fumbling connecting charge and audio cables etc...

Only thing i find with them is, they cost alot, and the chances are, when you upgrade your phone the cradle becomes obsolite, then you have to splash for another compatable one for the new phone....i bought one for my desire, and its one of the reasons i'm not upgrading the phone....as the HD won't fit my current cradle..

i dont really mind it though. One thing i hate is plugging in the cable after putting the phone in the cradle.

Iv been looking at that cradle for the HD2, even though it fits, you cannot press the power button. I dunno how this works in car mode.

• Advertisement

iknorr wrote: »
    One thing i hate is plugging in the cable after putting the phone in the cradle.

I'm with you there, was just commenting on the extra cost each time the phone is upgraded...

I've always gone for Brodit active cradles in the past. Find them very solid. Slot the phone in, and its charging, connectivity to the stereo is by bluetooth...has always worked well for me..

Hmmm that looks fairly decent.

Im gonna check some video reviews if i can find them

Edit cant believe htc doesnt have an active dock for for the desire hd.

Gryzor wrote: »
    Only thing i find with them is, they cost alot, and the chances are, when you upgrade your phone the cradle becomes obsolite, then you have to splash for another compatable one for the new phone....i bought one for my desire, and its one of the reasons i'm not upgrading the phone....as the HD won't fit my current cradle..

You could try getting a generic holder and then installing something like CarHomeLauncher http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=718606&page=2
    Works a treat for me when i turn on my Bluetooth hands-free set it launches the Navigator app and away you go. no need to update anything when you change your phone then

Just checked out CarHome, seems to have changed alot since i last looked at it, much more configurable now. Might actually be a runner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Halfords do a PDA/Generic large device holder which holds the DHD perfectly,cost me less than a tenner.

I actually use HTC NaviPanel as I think its way better and much nicer looking. I think you need to have CarHomeLauncher installed and then the Navipanel.apk and then when your Bluetooth Headset kicks in it asks which app you want to run as default

have a look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=673233

Ignore the Footprints one (I wish someone with a bit of coding skills could make it so we could replace that with something else like say Music or Text etc
    Anyone out there brave enough to try to rework this

Iv been in contact with HTc. They say the HD2 car kit is not compatible with the DHD and they wont comment any further. They also said theres no information about an active car dock for the DHD.

Ill be very disappointed if they dont make one.

Has anyone tried that magic cable that activates the car dock app

• Registered Users Posts: 28 No 7

Hi iknorr,

Did you buy either of the items above?

The second one looks good and reasonably priced?

I bought the second one. Probably waiting 2 weeks for it to arrive.

I had something like this for my hero. The holder is still working today with its new owner but the charger broke. I used it alot and didnt take care of it. I could have repaired it but for that price i just bought another.

i emailed the seller of the first one a few days ago to get some more info. Never got a reply....on both amazon and ebay. Some dodgey posts on ebay about the seller.

The second has holes for the camera in the car holder. a nice gimmic. im looking forward to posting the near misses on some thread here.

i also bought a hard case for it for 1.66 http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300501844431&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_3472wt_1139

• Advertisement

so how are people getting on with their car kits?

mine never arrived. got a refund but reordered the same one from DX

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any updates on car holders for the DHD?

Looking for something that holds it, charges it and possibly interfaces with the radio as well.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i've gone through two of the generic windscreen suction (non-charging) ebay ones now as one of the corners keeps breaking off. i'll probably just get another one though and keep using my normal charger as they are cheap and last a few months and have a hole for the camera so i can use Autoguard Pro which is a great little blackbox app to record your journey and automatically save it if you have an accident (or just want to record something en route).

the car has a pre-installed nokia bluethooth handsfree anyway which works fine. so between all that, pretty much everything is covered. :)

Iv got a hole in my holder for the camera also but which way do you position it?

My holder stem seems to be getting in the way of a recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Iv got a hole in my holder for the camera also but which way do you position it?

My holder stem seems to be getting in the way of a recording.

If you want to use it and are using a bendy stalk, can you not just take it in a "S" shape to position the holder / camera to be offset to the suction cup and then you should avoid the stalk as well.

.....O (suction cup on screen)
    ......\
    .......\
    ........\
    .........O (holder)

Bit like that

Tried that but it tends to swivel about going over a bump...

might try a bit of glue on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

my first one had a snake type bendy arm on it, but there was a lot of vibration.

the second one was a fixed one which was a lot more stable, but you could see the suction cup in the top right of the video, but the improvement instability was worth it for me as the bit that was blocked was unimportant for my purposes.

having tried it in a couple of different cars now, the slope of the windscreen has a lot to do with how much of it you can see.

some of them come with a 3M sticky pad to suction onto that you can stick to your dash instead of the windscreen so it's totally out of the way.

Advertisement