Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know anything about this ruin???

Options
  • 16-11-2010 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Greetings all,
    An American visitor/ amateur photographer to our shores is inquiring about this ruin. He took a photo, and has it mounted in his office. On another thread, we discovered that it is located on the R590 into Crookstown, Co. Cork. Any assistance would be appreciated. ;)

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=51.836876 ,-8.823368&spn=0.000363,0.003433&z=19&layer=c&cbll=51.836877,-8.822856&panoid=_fTFxXRpdeMfA5tL7CjUeg&cbp=11,241.88,,

(Please capture all of the above bold print as the link.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Know the ruin. Its an old gate house, which leads up to a big (Georgian?) house, which as far as i know, is still lived in. My aunt used to work with a woman who owned the property, but she died not so long ago. I don't know the history behind the property, but if i see anything will let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

Many thanks, Rebel10. I will pass on your update to my friend.

Kind regards,

T

Advertisement