Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV for cattle shead

Options
  • 16-11-2010 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Can any suggest a four camera kit , its for a customer of mine, shead is about 150mts from houes , want to be able to wire system in cat5, (no coax) , been told its better on long runs , must have night vision ,and not cost the earth !!! thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

most of them i see are done wireless

don't know much

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭086lavey

have not much time for wireless systems , had a heating system done wireless and it broke my heart !!!!! thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Moved from Electrical to HSS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Have a look at the list of suppliers here
    Most of the suppliers will sort you out with a kit
    Proper wireless kit like Mel secure or rdt is expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 41 stepbystep

stay away from wireless!!!!! if its only 150mtrs, run cat5! if its a 4 camera system and you have power in the shed, you could run the 4 cameras back to a dvr and monitor in the house over a single cat5, but would reccommend running a 2nd, just incase! i have a vry good supplier in cork, just message my in box and will send you on his details, he has a lovely kit that i swear by, 4 channel h.264, 500g dvr, 4 vandal proof eyeball I.R dome cameras, monitor, power supplies and video balluns for the cat5

• Advertisement

stepbystep wrote: »
    stay away from wireless!!!!!
    I'm not sure what you mean here, wireless is very reliable when proper kit is used
    Only last week I sent both video and telemetry 600M with no problems
    stepbystep wrote: »
    he has a lovely kit that i swear by, 4 channel h.264
    I would be more interested in how many frames the DVR can record and at what resolution. There is no point in having a H264 capable DVR if the resolution and frame rate are poor

Jnealon wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you mean here, wireless is very reliable when proper kit is used
    Only last week I sent both video and telemetry 600M with no problems

I would be more interested in how many frames the DVR can record and at what resolution. There is no point in having a H264 capable DVR if the resolution and frame rate are poor

Heya Jnealon

Can post the frame rate and resolution up here if you like, i have no doubt that there is good wireless, i just have no fate in it and the good wireless equipment is usually expensive, i have put it in put in a calf kit, house was over 900m from the shed but had good line of site was just sending video and worked fine, but is just me, wireless would be a last resort for me, id prefer to dig a 150 mtr trench and run the cat5 then go wireless, but thats just my opinion on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 funmanger

hi there.there are a few different systems available and the size of the camera is normally what dictates the price.
    i supply cctv equipment and if you are running cat5 you will require either a four way video balon or individual baluns.
    what i recommend is a h264 4ch DVR, external IR cameras 600tvl,and a four way balun which would allow you run the four cameras on a single cat5.

funmanger wrote: »
    hi there.there are a few different systems available and the size of the camera is normally what dictates the price.
    i supply cctv equipment and if you are running cat5 you will require either a four way video balon or individual baluns.
    what i recommend is a h264 4ch DVR, external IR cameras 600tvl,and a four way balun which would allow you run the four cameras on a single cat5.
    Tell me more about this h264 dvr, frame rate, D1, 1/2D1, cif etc

heya jnealon

This is the link to the specs for the DVR i mentioned, take a look and let me no what you think? have yet to have a complaint about, but is always nice to get a bit of feed back for an installer with alot of experience

http://www.mcpaddenenterprises.com/files/4-9-16CH%20DVR%20specs.pdf

Cheers
    Shane

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭sparktest

Not to bring this post off on a tangent...

I have existing cameras and want to view on Iphone, I am not a fan of wireless either, so considering going down the route of CAT6 from a new DVR to wireless router.

Can DVRs be sold without harddrive, do not need to record just watch live etc.?

yea you probably could, but you'd have to approach a wholesaler and to be honest what you'd save wouldnt be worth it, you be better off to buy it with the hard drive in it

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I really can't think of any benefit from not have the images recorded.

There wouldnt be any benefit to not having a hard drive in it, just didnt wanna be that blunt!:D
    Your in the game longer then i am koolkid, what would it save him to buy it without the hard drive, 50 maybe 60 euro if he's lucky??? would i be right

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If even that. If he is buying a standard machine off the shelf they would probably charge more for removing the HDD to be honest.
    No matter what the application its always best to have the images recorded.

I completly and utterly agree with yea mate, completly defeats the purpose of putting in a CCTV system if your not goin to have a HDD in it.

its for a cattle shed which shows cows calving. A job for a family friend, doesnt need to have a hard drive just live footage to show when assitance may be required...

have a look at the following on RS, no harddrive as standard...

thoughts??

€290
    http://radionics.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=7044246

or

€190
    http://radionics.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=6966704

Both of these appear to have HDD for recording.

From the first link

4 Channel Compact Digital Recorder
    A compact 4 channel HDD digital video recorder with H.264 compression and simple to operate with a mouse

Recordings can be started manually, following a schedule, using motion sensors or in the event of an alarm (4 NO/NC alarm inputs). Data can be exported via the integral USB interface. Simultaneous live view, playback and data export are also available (triplex operation). In addition, an RS-485 interface allows a pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ) camera to be controlled.

From the second link

4 Channel Security DVR H.264 VGA
    4 channel video recording
    H.264 compression ideal for saving HDD space
    Single channel audio recording and playback
    Real time live display
    Up to 120fps @ 360x240 recording (NTSC)
    Up to 100fps @ 360 x 288 recording (PAL)
    Alarm and motion detection recording
    Front panel and USB mouse control options
    IR remote controller and client viewer
    Intiutive menu driven user interface
    Supports 1 SATA HDD (1TB max. capacity)
    Pan / Tilt / Zoom camera control
    Data backup: USB devices, network
    Event trigger with email notification: motion detection, alarm, video loss
    Multi-language on screen display

Price wise there is going to be little or no difference.
    You are as well to have recording.
    As the saying goes.
    Its better to have it & not need it that to need it & not have it.

Thanks for the replies guys.
    Will let you know what space comes with the unit.

Advertisement