Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook not charging

Options
  • 16-11-2010 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,
    Wondering if anybody could help me my Macbook isn't charging when i plug it in. Its two years old I replaced the charger but the replacement lasted for one charge and now its not working!! Its not the charger checked with someone else and it charged fine. Im looking for any suggestions to what it could be? and where in Galway would be able to fix it???
    Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Is the light coming on?

Just to clarify, you replaced the charger and it worked for a while? That would seem to suggest the charger is the problem, or was the first time anyway.

Also, what Macbook is it? Is the battery removable?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bonnie1810

hi
    No the little green light on the charger isn't coming on. The battery isnt removable either not too sure what model it is. Ya it was definitely the charger the first time now im not so sure the replacement i got is a magsafe 60 w Power adapter

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Another poster here (with an older, removable battery Macbook) with a similar problem. In that case it would seem to be the DC-in board.

Try resetting the SMC (see here). And make sure there's no dust or dirt in the connector.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bonnie1810

Tried it on a laptop identical to mine and it worked so i'm assuming the charger must be working!!!! The battery can unlocked and taken out but is attached to the laptop by plastic pegs. Not sure whats wrong a bit confused as to what might be wrong!!!!:confused: Please Help!!!

Advertisement