Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Soundcard Durability...

Options
  • 16-11-2010 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

I recently got an audio interface from thomann after much oooing and aaahing about what to choose. I eventually went with the UA-25 Cakewalk - http://www.thomann.de/ie/cakewalk_ua25_ex_cw.htm - it suited my budget yet seemed to get good enough reviews, etc so I went ahead with the buy.

However what I wanted to ask is (and maybe there isn't a definitive answer), regarding the durability of the inputs. This was something that concerns me. Thomann have a 3 year gaurantee anyway but i'd rather the unit to stay in shape for the most part. Should I try aviod plugging cables in and out excessively or should it still be ok once i'm gentle with it? I've had experiences with supposedly 'mid-range' gear that had shoddy inputs, etc so I just was wondering what people's experiences have been.

As an aside, i'm very happy with the UA-25, it's good value for the money I feel .....having said that I don't have massive experience with external soundcards so that may change in the coming months! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

just be gentle with it and you'll be fine :)

...thats what she said :D

Advertisement