Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drug expert claims David Kelly was murdered as he could not have taken overdose Read

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Interesting. Though the article talks about Kelly leaving a cheery message on a friends answering machine a couple of days before he died. But anyone who knows anything about suicide knows that often people, especially men, keep it well hidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Out of curiosity, is there a report available on the autopsy to show how much drugs were in his system? Just wondering how the guy in the article knows so much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

meglome wrote: »
    Interesting. Though the article talks about Kelly leaving a cheery message on a friends answering machine a couple of days before he died. But anyone who know anything about suicide knows that often people, especially men, keep it well hidden.

Exactly, its not unusual for suicidal people to be remarkably cheery prior to suicide. Its because once they have decided they are going to do it, it is like a weight off their shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I don't see what a message left on a friends machine has to do with the experts claim.. it's a bit circumstantial isn't it?

As humanji says, I'd like to know how yer man was privvy to the autopsy report considering Hutton placed a secrecy tag on it for 70 years. Was the initial report made public? I can't find it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I don't see what a message left on a friends machine has to do with the experts claim.. it's a bit circumstantial isn't it?

Nothing to do with it but the article uses the answering machine message as presumably some sort of additional backing for the claim. I know nothing about pharmacology so that's all I can respond to directly.
    As humanji says, I'd like to know how yer man was privvy to the autopsy report considering Hutton placed a secrecy tag on it for 70 years. Was the initial report made public? I can't find it anywhere

Yeah that is a good point. I'll imagine it's getting more likely that an independent inquiry will be set up. Though I can also imagine many people still not being happy with the result, if and when it comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

humanji wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, is there a report available on the autopsy to show how much drugs were in his system? Just wondering how the guy in the article knows so much.

Well here's an article from January of this year.
    David Kelly post mortem to be kept secret for 70 years as doctors accuse Lord Hutton of concealing vital information

Vital evidence which could solve the mystery of the death of Government weapons inspector Dr David Kelly will be kept under wraps for up to 70 years.
    In a draconian – and highly unusual – order, Lord Hutton, the peer who chaired the controversial inquiry into the Dr Kelly scandal, has secretly barred the release of all medical records, including the results of the post mortem, and unpublished evidence.

The move, which will stoke fresh speculation about the true circumstances of Dr Kelly’s death, comes just days before Tony Blair appears before the Chilcot Inquiry into the Iraq War.

It is also bound to revive claims of an establishment cover-up and fresh questions about the verdict that Dr Kelly killed himself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1245599/David-Kelly-post-mortem-kept-secret-70-years-doctors-accuse-Lord-Hutton-concealing-vital-information.html

Here's another article from August of this year.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/aug/16/david-kelly-inquest-hutton-inquiry

Not sure how they know how much was in his system, I suppose some of the information was given out before Lord Hutton decided to bury all other evidence and autopsy reports. Not sure why they killed him if we were going to find out there were no WMDs anyway.

Advertisement