Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericcson Liveview

Options
  • 16-11-2010 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭

I am sure there is a thread on this somewhere, but couldn't locate it in this forum. I was just wondering if anyone had gotten their hands on one of these yet, or is planning to.

It looks like just the Christmas present for me:D. I don't know when it is available in Ireland but just priced it deliverd to here on a few of the usual UK websites and ranges from €71 - 100. Website does not say that it will work with my Hero definitely, but suggests that it will work with Android 2.0+ devices, and I checked on the market that the required apps are available -they are :D

Would be pretty disappointed if it didn't work as plan on keeping my Hero until they actually launch one of the anticipated dual core phones (At MWC in February!??!)

Here is a picture and link to Sony's bumpphLiveView-see-..product-3.jpg
    LiveView-see-..product-6.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

truthfully I have been thinking about this all day and all I can really say about it is that truthfully I just don't get it.

Unless I'm using it as a watch (but it doesn't seem to tell the time by default) I'm going to have it in my pocket, but if it is in my pocket why don't I just take out my phone instead.

Yes I think it is cool I just don't see it actually having a proper practical use

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

truthfully I have been thinking about this all day and all I can really say about it is that truthfully I just don't get it.

Unless I'm using it as a watch (but it doesn't seem to tell the time by default) I'm going to have it in my pocket, but if it is in my pocket why don't I just take out my phone instead.

Yes I think it is cool I just don't see it actually having a proper practical use
    With Joe one this one. It looks cool but other than that it's meh

• Registered Users Posts: 45,225 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

if you could use it to play music from your phone (and have headphones connected to this) it might be of some use.

Other than that, I stuggle to see where I would get use of it. Would depend on the range too. If it had a good range (which i doubt) I would say it would be good for keeping track of important messages and calls when playing football etc (but not important football etc games)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Might come in handy on the bicycle handlebars (while the phone is tucked away safe and sound in the saddle bag) or on the watch strap while out jogging etc but hmmmm.........undecided
    I wonder if it will allow connection of say a Bluetooth set of earphones the other way at the same time i.e. phone connected to this yoke...yoke connected to Bluetooth earphones

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

If anyone knows of availability of this in Ireland, please post the info. Asked in CPW today and the guy hadn't even heard of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Mine was posted yesterday from amazon. Can't wait to get it. I think it will be handy. Especially for situations when I have to mute my phone. Meetings, cinema etc. I also don't have a watch and I am always looking at my phone for the time. I can just leave my phone in my pocket now.

It is largely a gimmick but it has great potential if people start making apps for it. I'd love it integrated with xbmc

I wish it had a mic in it for using androids voice functionality. Who knows , if its successful v2 might have it.

Also for this to work you need to install live view on your phone, so looking in the android market you can get a feel for how many they have sold. Eg at the moment I can see its been downloaded 1000 to 5000 times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Unless I'm using it as a watch (but it doesn't seem to tell the time by default)

I think that it does tell the time by default, it's on one of the pictures on the website, but I can't seem to post it here.

Steve please let us know your opinion when you get, would be very interested. I would probably use it mostly as a watch, but the bike idea is very good as I cycle a good bit.

Advertisement