Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zerg newbie looking for help

• 16-11-2010 7:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys I'd appreciate some advice on what I did wrong (I'm sure there's loads of stuff).

Main issue here, he fast expanded, I didn't scout it. 2 base Zerg vs 2 base Protoss = Protoss out macroing the zerg. Beyond that, my macro could be better, I should probably have been more aggressive, I wasn't spreading creep etc. Also possibly Roach/Hydra isn't the optimal build vs Protoss? I'm not really sure.

But I'd appreciate an outside critical look at what I'm doing wrong and some advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

no creep expansion at all!

when he moved his large force down to the bottom, u should have sorrounded him with lings from the back, letting the roaches go to town on them.

also, u need more drones. LOTS more.
    took you forever to get your second extractor up.

you could have pushed earlier. you had a large amount of roaches.

you suicided your overseer! dont lol.

suicide an overlord to scout his natural. i always send one up the far side of the map and sneak on in to get a look.

transfer a few drones when your natural complete's. better income.

when you beat his army, you had 13 roaches. he had 4 stalkers left. you should have assaulted. by that stage, the creep could have been near his natural. lings would have raped his probes. he had no robo, so no way of stopping the creep.

your queen died at the natural. she had 29 energy :p 1 tumor is all it takes :p

then your queen in your main dropped 4 tumors at once! and still had 100 energy! really need to make sure she never gets over 30.

your income was on par with his.

instead of going hydra i would have gone ling/muta/roach. use the muta to harass his mineral lines as he had nothing at all to defend.

a nice tactic to stop the force field is research burrow. roach's burrow is insane.
    you can move under force fields, super fast regen of life, and he had nothing to detect you at all. you could have dominated him easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Didn't watch but Z always has to be a base ahead of his opponent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

zerglings with speed are a great way of expanding comfortably because they can threaten to 'backstab' your opponent if he leaves his base

They are also great against stalkers and sentries

Going with speedlings early on also leaves you with plenty of gas to go with whatever else

Advertisement