Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a refresher-irish job interview

Options
  • 15-11-2010 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

hi I have an interview next week and as part of it there is a irish Oral, can anyone direct me to a good website to brush up on my phrases, all I seem to find are ones directed to the irish LC Oral need more than what my hobbies are and where I live....help

Ps I'm not fluent so a website primarily in english would be preferable

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Smur

I'm not sure a website is the best way to go about learning/refreshing a language. Why don't you try one of the Gaeilge chat evenings? That way you'd be using the language and you'd be more confident for your interview. Here's a website with some info

http://www.forasnagaeilge.ie/Events/Events.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dancingshoes

thanks for that they don't seem to have anything local for me, but I will go down the route of private grinds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

thanks for that they don't seem to have anything local for me, but I will go down the route of private grinds

Where are you? You could start a Conversation group yourself if there isent one near you. A friend of mine did in Waterford a few years ago. Thats where I learned most of my Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Toyota_Avensis

Contact your local Primary School, or the national school you went to, somewhere you know the principal.. Enquire and see will he hear you out for a Hour some evening in preperation for the interview... Though if a job has an Irish Language element, and you can't remember any of your School Irish, it'll be heard to come across as a compatent speaker.. Websites are no good, so one on one tuition with a fluent speaker is essential!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

Websites are no good, so one on one tuition with a fluent speaker is essential!

dancingshoes,

I'd agree with this - well, I'm not sure I'd say that websites are no use to you, but the gist is right. For an oral interview, some oral practice is essential just to get your brain warmed up to that way of thinking. You might remember loads of great phrases that you've seen written down, but putting them together in real time is another matter!

Good luck with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement