Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Tesco Paying R.T.E news to advertise

Options
  • 15-11-2010 7:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

:mad:This is the second time in a week that R.T.E news have devoted 3-4 minutes on Tesco opening 2 news stores, tonight took the biscuit, about 5 minutes given over to how great Tesco are for creating 300 new Jobs in 3 new stores, hello hello ye dumb idiots but they are not creating 300 new jobs because the new stores are going to have a knock on effect on other buissness therby leaving people go.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

They are about the only ones opening stores, not much else to report on. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

They are pure evil. Boycott these evil purveyors of jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Ah cmon, every little bit helps

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

They are pure evil. Boycott these evil purveyors of jobs.
    Superquinn are usually cheaper too from my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

OisinT wrote: »
    Superquinn are usually cheaper too from my experience.

Nope, tesco are way cheaper. I do the auld online shopping and Tesco are much better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Tesco opening 2 news stores

do tesco open news stores :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

:mad:This is the second time in a week that R.T.E news have devoted 3-4 minutes on Tesco opening 2 news stores, tonight took the biscuit, about 5 minutes given over to how great Tesco are for creating 300 new Jobs in 3 new stores, hello hello ye dumb idiots but they are not creating 300 new jobs because the new stores are going to have a knock on effect on other buissness therby leaving people go.

Agree with you, the one in Ballybeg already open and the staff have been taken on but the report kept saying will create 100 jobs. It looks like RTE were just reading directly from a press release on the Tesco website. The new Forever 21 or New Look stores in Jervis didn't get a mention even though they will employ over 100 people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Agree with you, the one in Ballybeg already open and the staff have been taken on but the report kept saying will create 100 jobs. It looks like RTE were just reading directly from a press release on the Tesco website. The new Forever 21 or New Look stores in Jervis didn't get a mention even though they will employ over 100 people.

Forever21 was definitely on some channel because I remember thinking it looked like a shop for faggôts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

It'd be alot worse if they were spending 5 minutes reporting that Tesco were closing 2 or 3 stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Cheeky bastards spending my tv licence fee on reporting good news rather than the same old AH fodder.

Absolute disgrace.

Whos on for a march / protest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

snyper wrote: »
    Cheeky bastards spending my tv licence fee on reporting good news rather than the same old AH fodder.

Absolute disgrace.

Whos on for a march / protest?

It's about time we took to the streets to stop the slightest hint of good news from tainting the fearstench I've been cultivating the last 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

They do a lovely chicken and leek pastry pie!!..Mmmm...Go Tesco!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

SugarHigh wrote: »
    Forever21 was definitely on some channel because I remember thinking it looked like a shop for faggôts.
    I had a look at their website and some of the clothes are grand.

How do you define "a shop for ******s?"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Pace2008 wrote: »
    I had a look at their website and some of the clothes are grand.

How do you define "a shop for ******s?"
    I think it's a woman's shop anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

The more of these little owner run shops that close the better.. they employ one person, and rip you off to boot..

I wish there were more than two tescos opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

wmpdd3 wrote: »

Wonder how many tramps have robbed the place so far

Advertisement