Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mean looking cloud

Options
  • 15-11-2010 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

No idea what type of cloud this is, sorry...but it looked really mean, and after having no camera yesterday to catch the huge& incredible 'anvil cloud' I saw yesterday, when this one caught my eye this afternoon I grabbed the camera :D

I'm fascinated by clouds, however whenever I try and learn about them the info never seems to sink in...:rolleyes:

Pics taken, facing due east, at the back of our cottage.

16:26
    meancloud1627.jpg

16:27
    meancloud1626.jpg

And two minutes later, the orange hue has gone completely...
    meancloud1629.jpg

And then, shortly after the last pic was taken, it delivered what it promised....a short, sharp burst of heavy rain and what sounded like a couple of low rumbles :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

LOL... This pushed in over me here near Durrow before half five, didn't have a camera handy. It got briefly cold too under it... see here towards the page bottom... http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=ICOLAOIS2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Darwin

Yes, this skirted by me too but just before 5pm, it was just out of reach to give any rain. It was moving in a south east direction so that was the same cloud Danno! It was a spectacular sight against the darkening blue sky.

Advertisement