Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lyrics

Options
  • 15-11-2010 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Me and a few mates have recently 'started a band'. We practise every so often when we can find free time between us. When we play the music is great, but we can't find lyrics and melody to fit. Any idea's on what we should do? Thanks.
    LB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭niall1976

Give your music the natural structure of a song to help build in lyrics with clear changes for the verse and chorus.

eg. 8 x 4 in Verse, then 4x4 in Chorus

I always find that when jamming the tendency is let the music run cause your having fun, but you will struggle to build a melody and lyrics without structure.

If you want to pm me a rough recording of the music, I can have a go at some lyrics for you.

Cheers,
    Niall

Advertisement