Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lotto

Options
  • 15-11-2010 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

Just had a sudden urge to do the Lotto, so went out and spend 13.50€ on a few lines of the finest Lotto.

So 9 line and Lotto plus.

Anyone ever won anything big on the Lotto? How many lines do you do? How much would you usually spend on the Lotto?

My Favorite number would have to be 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Don't do it anymore. Used to be part of a syndicate in work-over about 6 months my winnings were like 7euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I won €27 and a scratch card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I lotto like lotto the lotto way lotto you lotto use lotto the lotto word 'lotto' over lotto and lotto over lotto again.

LOTTO!

Lost all meaning now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Don't do it anymore. Used to be part of a syndicate in work-over about 6 months my winnings were like 7euro.

A few of the lads do the syndicate thing in work except they do it in the bookies on 3-4 numbers.

I don't usually do the Lotto, just bored and I done some research into the frequency of the balls coming out. Then again, each ball has the probability of coming out as any other ball. Just bored.

Yeah the mother has won a few scratch cards and the odd 13€..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

msg11 wrote: »
    Just had a sudden urge to do the Lotto, so went out and spend 13.50€ on a few lines of the finest Lotto.

Anyone ever won anything big on the Lotto? How many lines do you do? How much would you usually spend on the Lotto?

Know a guy at work who won the jackpot some years ago. He only did a quick pick.

You have a 1 in 8,145,060 chance of winning the Irish lotto. (compared to 1 in 3 chance of getting cancer)... :cool:

13.5 euros is way to much to spend on 1 lotto draw, 1404 a year if you play twice a week, Best way is to pick your numbers, and play 2 lines.

you can also play online now. Its a game of luck, to be honest you either win big or don't win at all,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Id only play the Lotto if its massive money and even then id only buy 2 lines. It always feels like im giving away money for nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

number 11, the only number i need, its never let me down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Online lotto is the worst, save your money.

has anyone heard of an online winner? I've spent like €300 in the last couple of months online: wining: €1:€1:€13.50:€3:€3:€1:€1:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

€49 is the most I ever won on a lotto ticket.

alex73 wrote: »
    13.5 euros is way to much to spend on 1 lotto draw, 1404 a year if you play twice a week, Best way is to pick your numbers, and play 2 lines.

you can also play online now. Its a game of luck, to be honest you either win big or don't win at all,

I agree it is too much, but I never really play it so I just decided to do all the line, pheked one box up so had to void it only got 9.

I seen that today when I was on there website, I say they are rolling in the monies with the way things have gone. You think that people would just cut it out (Lotto) but I think it's the opposite people will be spending more money on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Never do it and I'm the only one in work not in the syndicate. They have never won anything worth distributing so the little bits get put back in the kitty.

My mam one a little over a grand twice, 2 weeks apart, which was crazy but never anything else other than the odd scratch card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

€350 on Lotto plus one. I think that was for five numbers. I was one number away on the sixth!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

there's like an 8.5million to 1 chance of winning...i prefer picking horses tbh, at least i'll probably win something in my lifetime by doing that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

chin_grin wrote: »
    I lotto like lotto the lotto way lotto you lotto use lotto the lotto word 'lotto' over lotto and lotto over lotto again.

LOTTO!

Lost all meaning now.
    I didn't notice that the first time... reading back over the OP now, I can't stop laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Lotto = tax on the poor and idiotic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

OisinT wrote: »

And elderly. Don't forget the elderly.

Lotto.

there's like an 8.5million to 1 chance of winning...i prefer picking horses tbh, at least i'll probably win something in my lifetime by doing that...

The odds are massive I knew that years ago. But I think , it just plays on the idea 'Life is about chances'.

Come to think of one of my mates his father pays 75€ a week on the Lotto, well did.

Just for the AH crack , since it's Monday Monday Million tonight. I say people just post up 6 numbers and we see who comes close to winning tonight..

My six 2 , 15 , 20 , 25 , 34 , 37

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

im in my work syndicate we won €3 - €50 amounts in the past year, we're ending the syndicate at the end of november and we'll walk away with at least €30 each, which isn't too bad as the last 40+ weeks were paid for with winnings.

the most i've won personally was €500 on a scratch card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I predicted nine out of ten scorelines in the premier league back in 1998. Had I got the tenth Middlesboro to beat forest 1-0 I'd have won silly pounds. I was a one pound accumulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

read this in dougals voice, with emphasis on the bolded punchline, and you're in for lols!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

Surely, phonetically, you are referring to that great institution commonly known as
    'de lohhor' ? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I once played the numbers from Lost and got 5 and the bonus. Unfortunately I wasn't the only fan of the show and had to share my prize with 3 times the normal amount of winners.

EDIT: Is that show over yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I love the number 5

Line down, big fat belly and put a hat on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

OisinT wrote: »

Not if you win.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

k_mac wrote: »
    Not if you win.
    If they win they just spend it all, so still...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

€350 on Lotto plus one. I think that was for five numbers. I was one number away on the sixth!!!

I had 5 numbers in the main lotto right before xmas last year, 1400euro was sweeeeeeet. Till i blew like 600 on a wii and games what was i thinking...

Advertisement