Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound to headphone output but microphone from phone...

Options
  • 15-11-2010 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I would like to be able to still use the microphone from the phone every time I use a headset.

By default when you plug a set of headphone into the phone the microphone gets switch to the microphone on the headset (if it has one), if the headset doesn't have one, it won't get the sound from anywhere and like that you are not able to talk to who ever you are talking to...

I mostly use this setting when I have the phone set up on my car and I'm listening to music through the phone using the headphone (mini-jack) but every time body rings me I'm able to listen to them very loud and clear through the car speakers but they are not able to hear me. So, is there a way to still be able to use the mini-jack (headphones set) for output sound but still use the phone microphone for the input voice?

I hope this was clear enough...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

heepie wrote: »
    I would like to be able to still use the microphone from the phone every time I use a headset.

By default when you plug a set of headphone into the phone the microphone gets switch to the microphone on the headset (if it has one), if the headset doesn't have one, it won't get the sound from anywhere and like that you are not able to talk to who ever you are talking to...

I mostly use this setting when I have the phone set up on my car and I'm listening to music through the phone using the headphone (mini-jack) but every time body rings me I'm able to listen to them very loud and clear through the car speakers but they are not able to hear me. So, is there a way to still be able to use the mini-jack (headphones set) for output sound but still use the phone microphone for the input voice?

I hope this was clear enough...

What phone is it?

I've a HTC Desire and a tape jack in car and people can hear me.

Maybe the phone thinks that your Jack cable has a cable built in somewhere but mine doesn't act like that as most people here me fine. You do have to talk a bit louder because of the louder background noise and you're further away from the mic.

Check as well that if you have a phone holder that's its not covering the mic on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭6ix

Yeah, to second that, the mic in my HTC Desire does surprisingly well when using headphones. I sometimes have the phone in my pocket while walking, regular headphones in (no seperate mic) and I can have a perfect conversation with no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭heepie

I have a Samsung Spica i5700

Today I was driving listening to music when I received a call, I thought this was the best time to try this out if ever there was one, but just like all the other time I was able to listen to them very clearly through the car speaker but they were not able to hear me.

The phone is expecting to get the sound from the headphones microphones not the build in microphone.

Is there an app to change this? To always use the build in microphone...

Advertisement