Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EXT3 partition created with ROMManager

Options
  • 15-11-2010 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am using Pinky Rom and to get A2SD+ working I had to create an EXT3 partition on my SD card. All working great.

Now I have got a new SD card and I want to copy the contents of both the EXT3 and FAT partitions to my new card, I have booted into Ubuntu and tried but it wont let me access the EXT3 partition, it says I don't have access and I cant change permissions of the partition because I'm not the owner.

Anyone have any idea how i can copy the contents of the EXT3 partition to my new SD card?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Been wondering this myself lately.

Could you make a titanium back up of your applications and then once you have partitioned the new SD card, copy the titanium file from your old SD card to your new SD card and restore. Will this then restore to the ext3

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TeaServer

Hi nedd,

I did this recently when I upgraded my SD card. If your getting any error around permissions I would sudo to root and copy the files (with correct UID/GID) that way.

mkdir ~/yourcardbackuplocation
    sudo -i
    cp -p /mnt/yoursdcardlocation ~/yourcardbackuplocation

swap the new card into your laptop/adapter
    sudo -i
    cp -p ~/yourcardbackuplocation /mnt/yoursdcardlocation

This should work?

(Not certain of the Ubuntu path for the SD card it could be /media - no access at the moment to verify)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Hey,

Thanks. I booted into Ubuntu and logged in as Root and I was able to access the EXT3 partition.

I copied the data over to my new SD Card but not all the apps worked, i had to re-install some of them.

So all in all it worked Ok for me.

Thanks.

Advertisement