Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

communal satellite blown off in storm - no luck with mgmt company

Options
  • 15-11-2010 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

can anyone help, we are in a duplex in charlesland court and the communal arial (only affects those with sky not upc) blew off the side of our house last thurs. we're having no luck whatsoever getting it sorted, sky say it has to come from the mgmt company to sort out, and the person at the mgmt company (i better not name names here) doesnt seem too bothered about getting it sorted. Anyone know who else we can speak to? No telly for 5 days now!

if anyone has a suggestion I'd be very grateful!

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Go for a walk instead ? There is nothing worth watching anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

If sky installed it then surely they have the responsibility to repair it. Try telling them that you wont be paying for a service that isnt currenlty being supplied.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

can anyone help, we are in a duplex in charlesland court and the communal arial (only affects those with sky not upc) blew off the side of our house last thurs. we're having no luck whatsoever getting it sorted, sky say it has to come from the mgmt company to sort out, and the person at the mgmt company (i better not name names here) doesnt seem too bothered about getting it sorted. Anyone know who else we can speak to? No telly for 5 days now!

Thanks

Tell Sky that you are deducting every day of the down time from the next bill until they get it sorted.
    I can assure you they will have someone out in hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

Very hard to deal with Sky.
    I would imagine the Management Co.would not be too helpful as they dont want Sky dishes on their buildings.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

bido wrote: »
    Very hard to deal with Sky.
    I would imagine the Management Co.would not be too helpful as they dont want Sky dishes on their buildings.:)

As Damo says, mention refusing to pay for all the days its been down. Ive just had, what can only be described as comical customer service, from Sky. It was down to me moving. I was quite nasty with them in the end, only way to get it sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CAVALIER GIRL

I actually envy you. I wish our communal dish had blown down! We have spent nights awake from the noise (strong winds blowing dish against brackets). Mgt company sent sky out, put extra ties on, noise now even worse). Have spoken to mgt co again this morning and am now sitting in waiting for Skyman. I'll remind him of your dish if he comes and you might do likewise if you see him first.

Advertisement