Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes announcement tomorrow

Options
  • 15-11-2010 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

apple.com homepage right now.

itunes_annoucement_161110.png

Odd. Somewhat out of step. Whats ready now that wasn't in September? North Carolina?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Wireless Syncing please!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

KeithM89 wrote: »

Less clunky and resource hogging software please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Less clunky and resource hogging software please!

Since we just got iTunes 10.1 I think we can safely say both of these are out for now :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's something to do with their cloud based service. iTunes live streaming or whatever. That massive data centre they built in North Carolina ain't for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Hopefully it'll be them announcing that they realised Ping is a waste or time and they're doing away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

Has to be the cloud and if it is then iTunes will just be the start of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Has to be the cloud and if it is then iTunes will just be the start of it.

What exactly does a cloud mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

Are they going to sneak something into iOS 4.2 to work with some new iTunes feature? 4.2 is due isn't it?

No point having a super new cool piece of magic if no one can test drive it. I'd love to have my library in the cloud. But that is more likely if I store it in s3 than if apple implement something. Would be only your iTunes purchases no doubt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

There's a lot of speculation that it might just be the Beatles catalogue, which given the lack of press conference would kinda make sense. Live streaming/cloud-based iTunes might be too big to just announce on the website. Steve really likes the Beatles.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Maybe a subscription service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

There's a lot of speculation that it might just be the Beatles catalogue, which given the lack of press conference would kinda make sense. Live streaming/cloud-based iTunes might be too big to just announce on the website. Steve really likes the Beatles.

I'd be hugely disappointed if that's all it was!
    If the Journal's report is true, the addition of the Beatles' music to iTunes could be a symbolic milestone for Apple, said Tim Bajarin, an analyst with the Silicon Valley-based technology firm Creative Strategies.

"Assuming that it is real, it is a very significant point in music's history given the fact that the Beatles have for the last 15 years, held back on digital rights," he said. "This gives Apple a rather interesting opportunity to bring the Beatles to a very large audience; to a direct digital audience."

Since the message hit the Web this morning, bloggers and analysts alike have been bubbling over with speculation about what Tuesday's announcement will bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭The_Illuminator

My money's on the Beatles, which seems ridiculous, but seems to be being tipped all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Tomorrow is just another day.
    That you'll never forget.

Looks like Apple have found the cure for Alzheimer's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Read that too - if it is just the Beatles catalog, I'll most definitely forget about it in 0.5 seconds...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Yep, Beatles are now in the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

what a let down

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭The_Illuminator

What a crock of s**t. Apple really overdoes it with the hype at times.

J-blk wrote: »
    Can Apple really be blamed for the hype? I mean, they can't even take their store offline for maintenance without people thinking the next gen iPad is coming.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

condra wrote: »
    what a let down
    I think this is immense.

Having spent years and millions at each others' throats over naming rights, logos, copyrights, IP, etc to see the music of the innovators of 60's / 70's popular music available via the multi-media innovators of the 21st century is brilliant. Apple vs Apple resolved.

Can Apple really be blamed for the hype? I mean, they can't even take their store offline for maintenance without people thinking the next gen iPad is coming.

I agree about the store going offline for maintenance and the media going into a hype frenzy is not Apple's fault but in this case, yes they can be blamed: they could have kept the page marketing at "an exciting announcement from iTunes tomorrow", but nope, they had to ramp it up to 11, with the BS about a "day you will never forget".

Guess what Apple? I've already forgotten this BS :).

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

The Beatles.

Seriously. Is that it?

And I was looking forward to a cloud based iTunes :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I'm so excited I could fall asleep.

What prompted this? Is Heather Mills looking to renegotiate or something?

Can't imagine Prince ever doing this......

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Macca3000 wrote: »
    The Beatles.

Seriously. Is that it?

And I was looking forward to a cloud based iTunes :mad:

With a name like Macca I thought you'd be over the moon......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

With a name like Macca I thought you'd be over the moon......:D

Lol, never copped that actually:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

that's it?

The Facebook new messaging system is more exciting that that rolleyes.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Why, because you wet yourself with excitement?:p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

mathepac wrote: »
    I think this is immense.

Having spent years and millions at each others' throats over naming rights, logos, copyrights, IP, etc to see the music of the innovators of 60's / 70's popular music available via the multi-media innovators of the 21st century is brilliant. Apple vs Apple resolved.
    And its gonna be a tidy little earner for both parties. Their non digital album sales are still huge sellers. A band like U2 have sold over 100 million records, the Beatles over a billion. 50 million alone in the last 10 years. Both Macca and Jobs are gonna mint it for themselves and their respective companies.

EDIT the only problem I see is that any fans already had the CD's and just slapped them on their ipods anyway. So maybe they've missed the big money boat.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Wibbs wrote: »
    And its gonna be a tidy little earner for both parties. Their non digital album sales are still huge sellers. A band like U2 have sold over 100 million records, the Beatles over a billion. 50 million alone in the last 10 years. Both Macca and Jobs are gonna mint it for themselves and their respective companies.

EDIT the only problem I see is that any fans already had the CD's and just slapped them on their ipods anyway. So maybe they've missed the big money boat.

Apple Corps spent so many years bitching and fighting, they could have sold much more. Still, how much can Macca and Ringo spend?:pac:

Advertisement