Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Processing Software?

Options
  • 15-11-2010 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭

Hello chaps and chapettes,

Please excuse my ignorance while I temporarily pop my head into your forum. I'm a regular in the auld photography forum and well I want to experiment with the video element of my DSLR a little. While I can manage fairly well in Photoshop and Lightroom I'm wondering what the equivalent software for video editing would be?

I'm looking towards something that will post process the video rather than simply chopping and splicing video together, I'm after something that will help give the finished video a little style in much the way that Lightroom can do for a photo.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

If you're familiar with Photoshop then definately look in Adobe After Effects. As far as post processing goes its one of the better ones around and theres an absolutely mountain of tutorials, great plugins and resources to be found online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ciencin

It depends on if you are running PC or Mac.

On a Mac you can use Final Cut which has "Colour" add on, which will let you make all the basic and advanced colour correction.

On a PC my recommendation will be a Adobe CS suit, which will have Adobe Premiere for your cutting and Adobe After Effects for all the colour correction you can think of (depending on what camera you are working with you might only be able to use the new CS suit, if you want to run CS5 then make sure you have the min requirements like 4GB ram etc, otherwise you cant run it).

There is also Avid, which is meant to be better for cutting dslr footage but dont know about post processing.

They're the 3 main ones for video. There are many other smaller ones but the colour correction would not be that big with them, and also you might run into compatibility issues when trying to run it with your cameras footage

Advertisement