Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 12 beers of Christmas

Options
  • 15-11-2010 3:41pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭

UPDATE: 11th of December it is! In the absence of other suggestions, I say we stick with the Ship & Shovell near Charing Cross. Start time will be around 8.

After the success of the Clapham Common beers (success being defined as "I got to have tapas for dinner"), we should sort out when the Christmas beers are happening, and where. Vote on the poll and suggest places, please. I'm tempted to say somewhere central, but the run-up to Christmas is a nightmare in terms of finding somewhere that's not packed...

What night suits you best for the Christmas Beers? 13 votes

Friday 3rd
    0% 0 votes
    Saturday 4th
    0% 0 votes
    Friday 10th
    7% 1 vote
    Saturday 11th
    7% 1 vote
    Friday 17th
    69% 9 votes
    Saturday 18th
    7% 1 vote
    Other (please post in-thread)
    7% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Sadly, im heading back to the motherland on Sat the 11th.

The bowery near Holborn/Tottenham Court road is a decent spot.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Im working the 12th 7am... Going to maybe have to change that.. If I can Ill be there!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

From the poll it looks like the 11th would suit the most people, although since I didn't make the poll public I don't know who can or can't make it.

What do we reckon? Somewhere central? I'm thinking the Ship & Shovell would be alright, though I wouldn't mind somewhere new if there's a reasonable expectation that it won't be absolutely jammed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I cannae remember what I voted. But it was either the 10th or 11th. I won't be able to join til later on in the evening on either night anyway as I have prior engagements, but I will try to show face.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Right, the 11th of December it is! On the say-so of me, because I can.

*insert mad cackling, muttered utterances about modly powers, etc*

In the absence of other suggestions, I say we stick with the Ship & Shovell near Charing Cross, starting around 8.

Anyone fancy getting some tasty food in the Covent Garden Wahaca beforehand? It's not tapas, but on the other hand it's pretty much the mexican equivalent...I'm thinking around 6:30 to make sure we don't get stuck in a queue for hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

just came across this thread.

Im free on that date. might attend but not sure yet.
    just arrived yesterday in windsor.

im moved in and getting to know windsor.
    Its a bit of a trek into charing cross but i shall see.

Get the train to slough and its 20 mins into london then! No excuse.. But getting home is the problem..

Just confirmed that I have the 12th off work, Working till 7 on the saturday and a hourish to get in to town from where I work so I will be there!!

Bump whats the story with this then?

We're still on for tomorrow night, I'll be sending reminder texts to everyone who's been along before. Not sure what sort of numbers we'll get but tbh, I'll be happy so long as I get to have Mexican grub for dinner :D

• Advertisement

Any one going the only number I have is switched off?? About to leave and get the train?? Should I any one else going?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

afatbollix wrote: »
    Any one going the only number I have is switched off?? About to leave and get the train?? Should I any one else going?

I'm so sorry-I suspect it was my number you had! I accidentally left my UK mobile in Ireland last weekend. My mother seemingly posted it on Monday but it hasn't arrived yet. I'm really, really sorry!

It was a good night - some great entertainment in the form of the 'tender' couple in the corner! They also enjoyed the round of applause/encouragement we gave them when they left

Sinall wrote: »
    It was a good night - some great entertainment in the form of the 'tender' couple in the corner! They also enjoyed the round of applause/encouragement we gave them when they left

I'm not so sure the fella was too sure what to make of the faces I pulled at him while he was looking in the window shortly after heading outside, though :D

All in all, it was a good night, though I probably should've skipped the last couple of drinks as the noggin's distinctly fuzzy today. Never mind, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Fysh wrote: »
    I'm not so sure the fella was too sure what to make of the faces I pulled at him while he was looking in the window shortly after heading outside, though :D

I wish I had been turned to the window to see his face when he copped you were making faces at him!

Also it was pretty amusing when I tried to make friends with the dog and he ran off in horror!

Advertisement