Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reindeer meat in LIDL causing stir?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

thats not fair on the easter bunny, or the goose that laid the golden egg, or donald duck, or frostie the snowman - jeez

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I would love to try it.

I've tried venison, so I would imagine it would be somewhat like it.

You callous animals! I bet you'd like Rudolph's bright red nose as an aperitif too? Sick b'stards!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Myyra

You callous animals! I bet you'd like Rudolph's bright red nose as an aperitif too? Sick b'stards!! :p

Ooh, good idea, red nose might look nice on the plate together with cranberry sauce:pac::D yammy yammy!buhahhahahhahah!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I had reindeer pate in Iceland. It was fricking divine!

Would love to try a cut of the meat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

No, that would go on top of the trifle for dessert. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

My vegetarian heart weeps ;_;

:p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Ah lads, reindeer meat is only an exotic version of beef. Reindeer are herded animals mainly by the Saami people of northern Scandinavia and Russia (aka Lapland). It's like buying buffalo from the native Americans. I've had it for Christmas dinner and it's a very nice dish.

You're life would be a poorer experience if you passed on the opportunity to try it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Thread closed as it's not what this forum is about.

Eating Reindeer indeed!:mad:

Happy Christmas OP, no hard feelings.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement