Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pings from Us/Canada?

Options
  • 15-11-2010 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭

Anyone played from west coast before to the EU servers? what kinda ping would i be getting from canada?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

Servers are based in France so I'd easily reckon 300 plus mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Falcon.ie wrote: »
    Servers are based in France so I'd easily reckon 300 plus mate

easily playable so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Servers are in a few places btw. see:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/EU_English_Realms_Info

• Registered Users Posts: 82,038 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

using UK TF2 and CS servers as examples I could expect 300ms, sure. Occassionally less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

Could play a game like wow anywhere, i played from nz just fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Playing with a guy now whos ping is 289 and he is playing from Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

just wondering if it would be worth the sub while im over there, dont see me playing it too much just if i was too would it be worth me yuri's

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

if its of any use, i play from ireland on Draka in US. get between late 200s to early 400s. Most likely a combination of my own wireless, addons and server connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Just use this - it brings my ping times down to 30ms or lower on any realm in Europe, and was a massive help when playing on US servers for other games.
    There's another script with the download that reverts all the changes if you need too also, can't recommend this highly enough...

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html
    What does it do?

Leatrix Latency Fix will reduce your online gaming latency significantly by increasing the frequency of TCP acknowledgements sent to the game server. For the technically minded, this is a script which will modify TCPAckFrequency.

You will see reduced latency in many online games including World of Warcraft, Aion, Warhammer, Lord of the Rings, and more.
    How It Works

Online games generally use the TCP protocol which requires that network segments sent to your computer be acknowledged in order to provide a reliable connection.

Windows bundles these acknowledgements together and sends them in pairs. While this is an efficient way of dealing with them generally, the inevitable delays caused by the bundling process increase latency considerably.

This is because when Windows queues up an acknowledgement in order to bundle it with the following one, the game server has to wait for the acknowledgement timer to expire before sending new data.

Leatrix Latency Fix removes the acknowledgement bundling process so that an acknowledgement is sent immediately for every segment that's received. This produces a significant reduction in latency as there is no longer a delay before new data is sent to your computer.

In a normal networking environment, you would prioritise network efficiency over latency and use the Windows defaults, but in online games the opposite is true and you want the lowest latency you can possibly get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

TechnoPool wrote: »
    just wondering if it would be worth the sub while im over there, dont see me playing it too much just if i was too would it be worth me yuri's

I lived in america for 9 months and could play perfectly

• Advertisement
Advertisement