Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first iPhone App (Tax Calculator)

Options
  • 15-11-2010 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I've just finished my first iPhone app, its on available on the AppStore here.

Its an app that allows you to calculate your take home pay for the year. It also give you a break down how this figure is calculated, including each deduction, credit and item of income.

I'm posting because I 'd like to get some feedback on any improvements I could make to it or any problems with the interface etc.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 princefarr

I felt comfortable with the basics, I started writing my first iPhone application. My friend recommended me to create an application that keeps track of how much money is in my wallet because I always run the spare change in it, but never sure of the total.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Ah, my esteemed competitor (I wrote TaxCalc)! I wish I'd thought of the in-app upgrade a a method of converting free downloads to sales.

Next week will be interesting, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭angryInch

Haha, nice to meet you!

When I started developing it there was no Tax Calculator up there, then by the time I had finished it your one appeared!
    I have a paid version up there as well, but I can't even make it into the top 25 results in Finance, yours is usually pretty close to the top.

Ya, next week will be interesting, but with Apples turnaround when approving apps, its going to take a while before they approve a 2011 version.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Yeah, there was nothing there either when I started. The thing that delayed me the most was getting the taxcalc.ie domain and the hoops I had to jump through.

I pushed through an update last night that hopefully will appear by next Tuesday that might get around the update problem but I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭angryInch

I was thinking of doing the same, having some way of it checking for an update via the web on startup, but to be honest I've just haven't had the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement