Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Fastway Couriers in Galway

Options
  • 15-11-2010 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

on October 6th I placed and order with thecostumeshop.ie for a Halloween costume,the item was dispatched and delivered by fastway couriers on October 8th....but not to me.
    I have checked the tracking information and it was signed for but not signed for by me.
    The signature looks nothing like mine and i have provided fastway with a copy of my signature to prove so.
    After nearly 6 weeks of emails and phone calls to their office and to the driver in question about this it turns out that the driver gave the parcel to somebody he met downstairs in my apartment block who said they would give the parcel to me,which they havent.I dont know who this person is,my neighbours dont know anything about it.

I have basically told fastway that i want my €40 refunded as it was the drivers error as he should have taken the parcel back to the depot when he didnt get an answer from my apartment instead of giving it to somebody that he knew was not me.

Over the past 5/6 weeks there has been 17 emails back and forth between fastway and myself and countless phonecalls,all of which have produced nothing satisfactory.
    They told me to contact the company who I bought the item from to get a refund,surely this is fastways error and who should be refunding me??

I have also just sent their head office an email detailing my complaint.

Where do I go from here?
    Is this Small Claims Court worthy???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

What did the costumeshop say about the issue? If they're willing to handle it, all the better. As you paid the costumeshop, I'd personally look for the refund from them as your purchased the costume with them, and let them handle the problem with fastway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    What did the costumeshop say about the issue? If they're willing to handle it, all the better. As you paid the costumeshop, I'd personally look for the refund from them as your purchased the costume with them, and let them handle the problem with fastway.

when there was no sign of my parcel being delivered I emailed the costumeshop wondering where it was,they forwarded me the tracking number for it and then i could see it was delivered.
    The emailed me about 2 weeks later asking had the issue been resolved and i emailed them telling them that it hasnt been resolved.
    I just emailed them again telling them that Fastway have told me to follow them for a refund and i am waiting for their response.
    Its unlikely that the costumeshop will want to have anything to do with this i think?

is there a courier regulator of any sort?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

threaten Fastway with SCC, either they'll re-imburse you straight away (they've admitted it was their fault), or they won't turn up on the day and it will be ruled in your favour

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

threaten Fastway with SCC, either they'll re-imburse you straight away (they've admitted it was their fault), or they won't turn up on the day and it will be ruled in your favour
    Wrong answer; the OP has no contract with the courier company and hence he can't claim anything in the SCC from them either.

His contract is with the costume shop and no one else; the OP needs to contact the costume shop to have his refund through them. They can in turn claim the cost of the item from the courier company since they were the once who formed the contract with the courier company. I'm surprised the courier company even went as far as they did with the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Your contract is with the retailer and it is up to them to engage with the courier.

ok cool guys,as much as it IS fastways fault that my parcel went missing my contract is with thecostumeshop.ie.

they (costumeshop) emailed be back today and they said they will be contacting fastway tommorow.

either way,i'll keep this thread updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

You can also chat with thecostumeshop.ie through boards as they have representatives online, I found them helpful and quick to reply.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Hey barryd09,

Just seeing this thread now, I'm furious about fastway giving you the run around and they should have let me know if one of our customers had been in contact with them after having difficulties.

So sorry your having this hassle, can you send me your order ID and I'll look after this completely for you and refund the money to your account today (takes about 3 days to get back on your card).

As you said it is Fastways fault, but your our customer and its not fair that you've been spending time chasing up the couriers because the driver decided not to follow the procedures we set out for them.

Anyone signing your name is fraud and clearly there's driver error here so, I'll do a bit of ass kicking on this. Thanks for letting us know as it's really important to us that the courier companies we use are doing they job correctly, at the end of the day the courier is often the only human interaction some customers have with our business.

Just chatted to your account manager Deirdre there, a full refund has been put through on your card. I'm hearing some disturbing things about their fastway customer service rep dealing with your case in fastway, so i'll be following that up. But I should say that we have tried a lot of courier companies and generally have found fastway to be among the best we use. Unfortunately one (or two in this case) bad apples can really let the whole system down.

• Advertisement

Many many thanks to thecostumeshop.ie for this!
    Problem is now sorted and is greatly appreciated.

Hope fastway can sort out their end of things too.

Thanks guys,case closed!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mad_fluffy

Hello im having problems with Fastway as well , i would like to know there head office contact number or email address as" customer service" will not give it.

This thread was from 2010.

I'd like to make it clear that we are in no way associated with Fastway. We have not done business with them for some time and will never, ever, be doing business with them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Zombie thread. Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement