Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballad group

Options
  • 15-11-2010 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi ye folks ,trying to get a group togeather around Dublin to do the old stuff (Dubliners etc.) need a Banjo/whistle ,fiddle and possibly a guitar .If after a few weeks we can do "it" I'll get the gigs.No Divas .:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭gitane007

Im a Fiddle player based in East Wall, a few of us meet every week and do that kinda thing. wHAT do you play?

Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mariatchi

Hi Stephen ,play guitar but mostly sing ,want to get a few to do serious gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

Damn! it's a pity ye are based in Dublin as I'd love to meet up, based in Limerick, however some of my family live in Dublin so never a major problem staying up there. I am a wily oul balladeer who plays guitar (mainly in DADGAD) main influences would be Luke Kelly & The Dubliners, Christy, Damien Dempsey, Paul Brady... If ye are stuck feel free to get in touch. Plenty of time on me hands at the mo.

Hi ye Brousuka,thanks for your interest,it's a bitch you're a bit far ! but I'll send ye me number for when ye're up this neck of the woods .At the very least we can arrange a session.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sellman

Hi Mariachi, I pm'ed you my tel number. I play banjo/mandolin and guitar and sing too (A lot of Luke Kelly and Christy Moore stuff). I play a little whistle and bodhrán too.
    Give me a shout if you want to meet up.

• Advertisement

sound thanks be on to you shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Oscarbass04

Hows it goin, I'm a Dublin lad staying in Waterford for the moment(Although I stay in Dublin most weekends). I play the 5-string banjo and sing, Have ye any places left?

Hi ye Oscar ,nothing sorted yet .I'll pm my number to you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Where abouts in Dublin are you going to play?

Ha ha everywhere and anywhere from good auld Dublin 8 to Debling 4 and from blanch to Dun Loire.We won't be snobs nor slobs.

• Advertisement

Hi ya's, for anyone interested we're having a session at 3 pm till about 6 ish on this Monday(29th) in the Lansdown bar, Bath Ave ,D4. All welcome singers, players, clappers, listeners. Love to see ye's there and we can see how we get on togeather ,if all go's well should do a session here every monday.;) "keep the session going"

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

mariatchi wrote: »
    Hi ya's, for anyone interested we're having a session at 3 pm till about 6 ish on this Monday(29th) in the Lansdown bar, Bath Ave ,D4. All welcome singers, players, clappers, listeners. Love to see ye's there and we can see how we get on togeather ,if all go's well should do a session here every monday.;) "keep the session going"

How did it go?

Hi ye bud , yeah it was really enjoyable ,asked us to carry it on mondays. Got a good reaction from the customers .

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

If you're in the Lansdowne on the 20th I should be able to pop in - give ye some support. :)

Hi ,how're ye bud .Yeah we're there on the 20th ,it would be great if ye dropped in the more the merrier .by the way we're in the clock on Thomas street sunday from around 5 pm till 8 or 9 pm and i think a couple more places next week or the week after .I'll post it here and let ye's know.
    Keep the session going:p.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Good stuff. Assuming I'm off work on Monday, and the snow doesn't consume us, I'll pop in and say hello :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mistyman

i sent u a pm with my details

ok be on to you

Advertisement