Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters Results this week??

Options
  • 15-11-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I heard that the results for masters programmes were to be released today but have just heard conflicting information that they won't be released until next week!

Is anyone able to confirm one way of the other after speaking with their lecturer? I have emailed the Dept and the Office of Exams but no replies... might call if there is still nothing by mid-week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭brehayes

just got a reply! 4pm today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Tell me when they come up. ;)

Nothing for the History MA anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Results dates for each course are up here!
    http://www.ucc.ie/en/exams/results/result-dates/
    I'm finding out Fri... Eeep. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Mine out on Friday gulp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

I got 1217/1800
    so happy out

what would that be, a 2.1 or what? how is it worked out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I got 1217/1800
    so happy out

what would that be, a 2.1 or what? how is it worked out?

You got 67.61%. That's a 2.1 but aren't masters degrees just pass or fail?

You got 67.61%. That's a 2.1 but aren't masters degrees just pass or fail?

yep, i think so. a distinction or else just a pass but not sure. I was 3.4% from a 1H, could I appeal?

yep, i think so. a distinction or else just a pass but not sure. I was 3.4% from a 1H, could I appeal?

I guess you can appeal if you want to but unless you feel seriously hard done by or are planning to apply for a PhD then I wouldn't bother. 67 is a solid mark and to be honest when you start working asking you what you got in your masters will be like asking you how many points to got in the leaving cert.

Utter ****e. Emigration it is.

• Advertisement

Ok maybe that's an exaggeration and I should have phrased it better than I did but I'm just giving my experience. All the interviewers I've had after college for graduate positions have blown through 6 years worth of education in the opening 2 minutes of an interview, a bit disappointing after all the time, effort and money I put into it. I found they were far more interested in my practical work experience than some project I did back in college.

My 'utter ****e' remark was aimed at my own results and had nothing to do with your post, which I hadn't read.

In that case it's a big :o on my part.

Orizio wrote: »
    My 'utter ****e' remark was aimed at my own results and had nothing to do with your post, which I hadn't read.

sorry man, how did you do.?

I am not going to appeal, im happy out with what i have, cant be assed to appeal anyway..

I got about 4% less then your good self. Dissertation dragged me down from a good 2.1 to a mediocre one.

**** knows what I am going to do now. How does one go about becoming a primary school teacher, you don't still have to be fluent as gaeilge do you... :(

I got about 4% less then your good self. Dissertation dragged me down from a good 2.1 to a mediocre one.

**** knows what I am going to do now. How does one go about becoming a primary school teacher, you don't still have to be fluent as gaeilge do you... :(

no idea

i do engineering, so i need at least a 2.1, most companies expect that

i dont think u need irish for teaching, i mean as long as u are not teaching obv, lolz

you still got a 2.1.

so thats grand isnt it...?

You needed a first to do a research masters, which is what I wanted to do. On top of that 58 for the dissertation is terribly disapointing, even taking into account that I had to do the thing all over again in over two weeks.

So basically I'm stuck with a mediocre grade with a mediocre degree from a mediocre college. Plus no work experience. In a country in the middle of a recession. With the IMF after taking over and almost certainly about to make cuts everywhere. Not a good place to be, although this is largely my fault.

...so how does one get into a engineering course despite doing **** in leaving cert Math... :p

I've been there! You'll figure something out. If you're interested in primary shool teaching you need a C3 in honours LC Irish to apply for a postgrad in it. I sat Irish in June 8 years after I did the leaving and scraped a C3 so it is possible! Deane college and the College of Comm run classes for adults repeating Irish for the LC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

So basically I'm stuck with a mediocre grade with a mediocre degree from a mediocre college. [/B]QUOTE]

UCC isn't a mediocre college!!! :mad::(

• Advertisement

So basically I'm stuck with a mediocre grade with a mediocre degree from a mediocre college. [/B]QUOTE]

UCC isn't a mediocre college!!! :mad::(

hear hear...!!

Advertisement