Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

linking firewire mixers.

Options
  • 15-11-2010 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

So I have a M audio Nrv 10 But want to get more channels open to record with, If i get another mixer with a firewire output and link that into the Nrv and then the Nrv to the computer will the computer read the other firewired device as extra channels?

or should i look into a different recording programme where you don't need a pro tools interface?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

So I have a M audio Nrv 10 But want to get more channels open to record with, If i get another mixer with a firewire output and link that into the Nrv and then the Nrv to the computer will the computer read the other firewired device as extra channels?

or should i look into a different recording programme where you don't need a pro tools interface?

http://www.thomann.de/ie/presonus_studiolive_1642.htm

this is the extra mixer by the way.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭fitz

Mac or PC?
    With Mac you can create an aggregate device which makes the two Firewire interfaces act like one, but you've no way of clocking the two devices, so I'd expect it not to work.
    If you're looking at a 16 channel desk in the Presonus, is that not enough channels for you?
    Why do you need both? Surely the Presonus would be a huge step up already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

fitz wrote: »
    Mac or PC?
    With Mac you can create an aggregate device which makes the two Firewire interfaces act like one, but you've no way of clocking the two devices, so I'd expect it not to work.
    If you're looking at a 16 channel desk in the Presonus, is that not enough channels for you?
    Why do you need both? Surely the Presonus would be a huge step up already?[/QUOTE

its all good fixed the problem cheers :)

Advertisement