Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asking for Negotiation on Fee

Options
  • 15-11-2010 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭

I am in therapy, and was starting to cut back on frequency. However I now feel as if I need the support as I go through a transition, as was made redundant on Friday. I am wondering generally, what are people's experiences, views etc on negotiating the fee in such circumstances. I know I am going to ask anyway, and all will depend on how that is taken, however would like to hear other people's views/experiences.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I am in therapy, and was starting to cut back on frequency. However I now feel as if I need the support as I go through a transition, as was made redundant on Friday. I am wondering generally, what are people's experiences, views etc on negotiating the fee in such circumstances. I know I am going to ask anyway, and all will depend on how that is taken, however would like to hear other people's views/experiences.

I have done it and have experience of having it done by clients. As you have lost your job, if you where my client, I would see you as already engaged in as process with me. On that basis I would go lower than if I was starting with a new client.

I will go lower with a person who is already in therapy with me as I know they will pay more as soon as they get some work. Does that make sense?

Yes please make sure you do this, any therapist would his salt will have no problem lowering their fees in circumstances like yours.

Advertisement