Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Momsen...gothic barbie!

Options
  • 15-11-2010 12:54am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

:eek: state of her!

http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/taylor-momsen-i-blame-my-parents-for-my-miserable-attitude-20101211

1289590820_taylor-290.jpg

Taylor Momsen's not your typical 17-year-old.

The Gossip Girl star and Pretty Reckless singer has raised plenty of eyebrows with her foul-mouthed rants against Hollywood, super-skimpy Gothic wardrobe and other angry, age-inappropriate antics. (She's been snapped smoking cigarettes and recently flashed her breasts to a concert crowd.)

What's her problem?

"Everyone's like, 'Wow, why is she upset, and why is she so miserable about things?'" the blonde, kohl-eyed actress tells the November-December issue of Revolver mag. (On the cover, the lingerie-clad teen brandishes two guns.)
    Explains Momsen: "My parents signed me up with Ford [Modeling] at the age of 2. No 2-year-old wants to be working, but I had no choice."

Momsen was 7 when she broke out as a kid star, playing Cindy Lou Who in How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
    "My whole life, I was in and out of school," Momsen continues. "I didn't have friends. I was working constantly and I didn't have a real life."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

:eek: state of her!

She's fineee
    :D

EDIT:
    Taylor Momsen's not your typical 17-year-old.
    smoking cigarettes
    flashed her breasts

miserable

Typical if you ask me :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I fail to see a problem here :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

She's awful, I actually can't stand to look at her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 alex4u

she is not that bad i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

She can dress and do as she likes but the whining is unbearable. She wouldn't have her tv show/"rock" band if it wasn't for her early career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,124 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

She has got way to big for her doc martins

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

She's the unholy result of Barbie fukking a racoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Tim Gunn said it best
    "What a diva!" he told E! News of the 17-year-old. "She was pathetic, she couldn't remember her lines, and she didn't even have that many. I thought to myself 'why are we all being held hostage by this brat?"

"I'd say, 'You know young lady, there are hundreds of thousands of girls who are just as attractive and even smarter than you. Why are you acting like this show is a huge burden on you?'''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭D e e

Taylor-Momsen-Before-After.jpg

She used to look so much better. She's actually stunning under the whole ~gawth~ costume.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

D e e wrote: »

She used to look so much better. She's actually stunning under the whole ~gawth~ costume.

Ah so she's capable of smiles...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,760 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

taylor-momsen-then-now.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

She was so pretty in the first season of Gossip girl. I had to laugh when she was called a Gothic Barbie on Gossip Girl, there is no better description of her! Can her boobs be any more pushed together??? :eek:

The eye makeup and the dark lipstick is wayyyy too much for her face, she'd look fantastic in a more natural look. I do like the way she dresses, it's really sexy/funky but Christ I saw that Revolver cover a few weeks ago on another forum and it just looks tacky...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I do like the way she dresses, it's really sexy/funky but Christ I saw that Revolver cover a few weeks ago on another forum and it just looks tacky...

Let's not forget though that she's only just gone 17, and the way she dresses most of the time is so inappropriate. I won't even mention that revolver cover!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I think she looks horrid, the natural look suits her so much better. Even if she did a simple smokey eye instead of layering on the eyeliner she'd be alot more prettier. Such a shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

jubella wrote: »
    Let's not forget though that she's only just gone 17, and the way she dresses most of the time is so inappropriate. I won't even mention that revolver cover!!:eek:

When I was 17 I was in baggy jeans and tshirts and dodgy eye makeup! My mum and dad would have locked me up if I dressed like her....She's getting attention for all the wrong reasons!

UGH, mum and dad are the cause of all my problems....typical teenager! :mad: Do something about it young one! You have MORE than enough money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 FreeEducation

I had no idea who she was...

I think she looks fine, but the racoon comment on the previous page made me laugh....!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

I quite like her style but I just think she seems like a total brat. Follow the lead of Taylor Swift, young hollywood stars! ( not musically though ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

She used to annoy me a lot more than she does now. I don't mind that song her band has out. She does come out with some amount of **** though- and stripping off for the video was a bit much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

God...she's getting nekid in videos now: http://www.celebuzz.com/taylor-momsen-i-got-naked-s284781/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

The sad thing is that she'd be such a pretty girl ig only she wore a little less makeup and stopped dressing like a w**re

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

I think she's just doing all of this to seem like a rock star but failing miserably. If you have to try then you're not a rock star.

Her stupidity knows no bounds!....ah, Glasgow is part of England, wtf?

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/musicnews/Taylor+Momsen-88675.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Her stupidity knows no bounds!....ah, Glasgow is part of England, wtf?

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/musicnews/Taylor+Momsen-88675.html

I love how in the video the crowd were like "Yayyyyy, wait....England? Booooo!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 bledmillennium

D e e wrote: »

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 85,124 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a295036/taylor-momsen-im-a-showbiz-product.html
    Taylor Momsen has described herself as a "product" of the entertainment industry.
    The 17-year-old Pretty Reckless singer, who has also been acting since the age of three, recalled to Bang Showbiz the moment that she suddenly became aware of her star power.
    She said: "You get more insight as you get older, on everything. I kind of woke up one morning and was like, 'Oh I see what's happening, I get everything'. I woke up and was like, 'I get it, I'm a product'."
    Momsen also claimed that she wasn't prepared for the sudden success she experienced at the age of 14, when she won the role of Jenny Humphrey in teen drama Gossip Girl.
    "Fame just kind of happens overnight," she mused. "No one prepares you for it. On Gossip Girl, I was just going to work, doing what I've always done, and then all of a sudden you're like, 'Woah!'
    "But you get used to it. You ignore it - because whatever people say about me doesn't bother me at all. If you're in high school or college or at work, someone's not going to like you. It's inevitable. But it doesn't mean anything."

^ shut up Taylor!....her hyperbole and attemts at intelligent musings are becoming pathetic!, i guess the "shock" treatment didn't work so now she playing the poor me angle mixed with a bit of industry bashing, she talks a load of crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 greyan

Taylor Swift is looking very Georges.

Taylor-Swift-taylor-swift-4200934-1024-768.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I would..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭james098

me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I'd like to see Taylor Swift do something else with her hair. Not because I don't like her current style, but it'd be nice to see something new. Come on Tay, you're a 21 year old multi-millionaire, experiment a bit.

Advertisement